What’s new and improved at Orbitz for Business?
Search by Schedule
Search by Schedule is a new way to search based upon flight information rather than pricing. It allows you to plan multi-city trips without having to unbundle priced itineraries to choose certain flights.
You select each flight separately. The search results are sorted by flight type (non-stop, then direct flights, then connections) You can sort and filter these search results as you go along.
Search by Schedule is designed to:
- Provide a search option with increased flexibility and functionality.
- View full airline schedules, including sold out flights.
- Make it faster and easier to find each flight.
Search by Schedule is a new option at the top of the search form. You can choose Search by Schedule, or Search by Price (the default option).
When you select Search by Schedule, you enter the same kinds of search criteria that you are used to providing in Search by Price.
There is a new option available only for Search by Schedule:
- Flight number (in the Flight number box)
Most standard search options are available in both price and schedule searches.
- Multiple travelers (in the Travelers drop-down list if you have the right permission setting)
- Specific airlines (in the Airline or Preferred airline drop-down list)
- Direct flights (with the I prefer non-stop flights box)
- Refundable fares (with the Only show refundable fares box)
- Cabin class (in the Cabin/class drop down list)
- In Search by Price, OFB substitutes other classes of service if your choice doesn't return any seats.
- In Search by Schedule, you need to adjust the filter on the search results page to see other classes, if your choice doesn't return any flights.
- At the top of the flight search form, select the Schedule option.
- Select whether you want a One-way, Round-trip or Multi-city flight.
- Complete the rest of the search form with the airports or cities, the dates and times, and any additional flight information you want to enter.
To search for a specific flight, enter the exact flight number in the Flight number box. don't enter the airline code in this box.
For example, to find United flight 1234, enter just "1234" in the Flight number box. You can select the airline from the drop-down list if you want, although this is not required if you enter a flight number.
The Search results page appears.
: Live Chat
Need help searching for that right price hotel for your business trip? Have an urgent question about your travel reservation? Click to chat!
Orbitz for Business is offering a new online chat service that is designed to get you the travel information you need.
- – Easy and fast…just look for the Live Chat box
- – Convenient…no need to pick up the phone
- – Experienced agents…people trained in your company’s travel program
- – Tips and tricks…get assistance with travel web site navigation and more
Try Live Chat as you plan your next business trip. An OFB agent is standing by to help you.
Secure Flight rules now in effect
Secure Flight is a program being implemented by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). This program requires customers to provide their full name, date of birth, gender and redress number (if applicable) at the time of booking. All Yale travelers may add this information to their OFB profiles where it will be masked for anyone but themselves.
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale waives attrition penalty for 2010 group contracts
The Omni has agreed to waive the standard guestroom performance clause for all group room block agreements for Yale University for any new group event that is executed and occurs during calendar year 2010. University meeting planners will no longer be responsible for any unused rooms in their contracted block of rooms. The Omni requests that Group contact advise them of any potential shortfall, as they approach the meeting date.
The Omni will reserve the right to approach the university contact signee at any time to review room block, if future demand on the same dates from another party requires a secure commitment to continue to hold space. The Group contact will have first option at that time to either release excess rooms or guarantee usage of specified amount of guest rooms subject to the standard attrition schedule. If Group contact chooses to guarantee guest rooms, the Group assumes financial responsibility for that guaranteed amount of guest rooms based on standard attrition schedule. All guaranteed room agreements will be conducted and confirmed in writing, if and when applicable.
For further details and questions, please call Ken Gribbon at the Omni at 203-974-6718
Two new hotels on board with Yale discounts
The brand new Hotel Sierra in Shelton now offers
special rates to Yale travelers.
Just a 15 minute drive from West Campus, the Hotel Sierra Shelton feature a sophisticated, contemporary design palette, and spacious, smartly-designed suites and guest rooms with modern kitchens and stainless steel appliances. Breakfast, still complimentary, now includes made-to-order omelets and Starbucks® coffee. Evening Bistro, the customary evening social hour, is transformed to a relaxed wine and beer lounge with specialty appetizers. In-room luxuries include flat 42” panel televisions, MP3 players and waffle terry bath robes, Fitness Center with expanded cardio and weights, Guest Laundry and Dry Cleaning service, Pool and Whirlpool.
Hotel Sierra was created to serve its guests with a contemporary twist to the traditional suite experience and offer savvy travelers touches of luxury and an authentically comfortable lifestyle. A well-chosen, trained staff with industry leading guest satisfaction scores (as measured by Market Metrix) stands by to provide convenient necessities as well as lovely indulgences.
Hotel Sierra suites and guest rooms offer the following amenities:
- Fresh, sumptuous beds and linens
- Waffle terry bathrobes, lighted make-up mirror, and hair dryer
- Flat panel televisions with expanded cable and movie channels
- Clock radio with iPod® docking station and sound machine
- Evening Bistro with premium wine and beer and specialty appetizers
- Breakfast with a variety of cereals, fresh fruit, breakfast bakeries, breakfast meats, potatoes and made-to-order omelets
- Starbucks® brewed coffee
- Wired and wireless internet throughout hotel
- Multi-station business center with printers
- USA Today®
- On-site parking
- Complimentary Shuttle service (5 miles radius)
A “Second Home – Second Family” for Yale Associates
Just a 10 minute drive from West Campus, Homewood Suites by Hilton ®, an all suite hotel, will provide you with all new, comfortable accommodations at reasonable rates. Nestled on a hilltop with spectacular views and easy on/off access to the Merritt Parkway, I-95 and Yale, Homewood Suites offers:
Studio, One Bedroom, Two Bedroom/Two Bath Suites with:
- “32” Flat Screen HD TV’s w/DVD’s
- Serta Suite Dream® Beds w/Luxurious Linens
- New Granite Countertops, Carpeting, Wallpaper, Furniture, Lighting
- Complimentary Daily Suite Start ® Hot Breakfast Buffet
- Complimentary Welcome Home Reception ® Mon. – Thurs. eves
- Including salad bar, light meal, beer, wine and beverages
- Indoor Pool & Whirlpool* *Fitness Room Open 24/7
- Complimentary Business Center and WiFi throughout
- Restaurant Delivery Service
- 24/7 Convenience Store
- Hilton HHonors® Points and more…
Studio $129* 1 Bdrm King $149* 2 Bdrm/2 Bath - $189* Extended stay rates available
6905 Main Street, Stratford
US Department of State Considering Increase in Passport Fees
The Department of State is currently considering changes to passport fees. Some of the proposed increases to the Department of State fees include:
- First-time passport: Increase from $100 to $135
- Passport renewal: Increase from $75 to $110
- Additional pages: Increase from $0 to $82
- Expedited service fee will remain at $60
If you need a new passport, or need to renew an old one, you may want to consider doing so now. These increases are still under consideration, and we will update you as soon as a final decision is reached.
For more information and a complete list of the proposed increases, visit the US Department of State's web site.
Visas for Qatar No Longer Issued Upon Arrival
Visas for US nationals traveling to Qatar will no longer be issued on arrival. If you plan to travel to Qatar for business or tourism, you will need to apply for your visas before departing for Qatar.
Below is a sample list of requirements that CIBT will need to process a business visa request for Qatar. Please note that a minimum of 6 business days should be allocated for CIBT to process this request.
- Your passport
- One color 2X2 inch passport-style photograph
- A business introduction letter from your US-based company on company letterhead
- Qatar visa application forms
- CIBT Order form
- Photocopies of all application materials
For a comprehensive list of requirements and forms necessary to apply for a Qatar visa, please contact CIBT Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When accessing the CIBT web site, use the Yale account number 40634 to obtain your discount.