The Yale College Vegetarian Society
I. Name and Purpose
- The registered name of the organization shall be Yale College Vegetarian Students (YCVS).
- YCVS is an undergraduate organization dedicated to raising awareness and educating students about vegetarian issues. It serves as a forum for vegetarians and potential vegetarians alike to gather and share information, experiences, and delicious food.
- YCVS hosts educational films and speakers on campus and organizes vegetarian dinners open to all Yale students.
- YCVS welcomes vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike to the group and all of its events. Prospective members should contact an officer of the organization to be added to the e-mail list.
- Undergraduate students, graduate students, and alumni may join or retain their memberships. Other members of the Yale community are also welcome.
- The officers of YCVS shall be:
- Publicity Manager
- Any number of these offices may be held by the same member.
- Officer positions are limited to currently enrolled undergraduates.
- Towards the end of each academic year, nominations shall be requested for each position for the next academic year. Current officers shall elect new officers from those nominated or take a general vote, upon the decision of the board.
IV. Distribution of Funds
- YCVS shall distribute funds only for events that it sponsors or co-sponsors.
- Such events must be in line with the educational and/or social purposes of the organization as stated in Article I.
V. Dissolution Provision
Last updated October 16, 2003.
- If YCVS is dissolved, the board of officers may vote to distribute its assets to another organization that shares the goals of YCVS.
- If there is no vote, the assets of YCVS shall be distributed to Yale University.