Center for International and Professional Experience (CIPE) Photo Contest
CIPE is looking for photos from your experiences in CIPE programs to create the first annual Center for International and Professional Experience Calendar! View our 2013 Yale Summer Session Calendar!
Students submitting photos must:
Winners from Previous Years
- Students may submit only ONE photo
- The photo must be submitted electronically as a .jpg image (see "How to Submit Entry" below)
- The photo must have been taken by the student.
- The photo must be at least 300 dpi.
- The photo must be horizontal (no photographs in “portrait” orientation will be considered).
- The photo must have been taken while the student was participating in one of the CIPE programs listed under Eligibility Criteria.
- In addition to submitting the photo, the student must include ALL of the following:
• Full name
• Class year
• Residential College
• Yale e-mail address
• The name of the CIPE program in which the student participated or the fellowship that the student received (e.g. Yale Summer Session in Mumbai)
• The term during which the photo was taken (e.g. Summer 2013)
• The name of the country and city or town where the student took the photo (e.g. Mumbai, India).
• A photo caption not to exceed 1000 characters describing the photo and how it reflects a meaningful aspect or idea from your experience abroad
Note: The student's name, year, college, email address, relevant CIPE program or fellowship, term, and name of where the photo was taken will NOT be counted toward the 1000 character limit.
- Students agree to all terms and conditions of the CIPE Photo Contest.
12 students will have their photo featured in the 2014 CIPE calendar. Each winning student will receive five (5) copies of the calendar (great as a holiday gift) and the student whose photo receives the most votes will receive a professionally framed 8x10 copy of their photo, which will be featured on the cover of the calendar. Winning photos will also be featured on the CIPE website.
- Submissions will be judged by staff members of the Center for International and Professional Experience (CIPE).
- All decisions are final.
- Winners will be notified on November 18, 2013.
- Photo release terms: By submitting their photos to the CIPE Photo Contest, students agree to the following:
• Students grant Yale College the right to use their submitted photo, photo information, and caption for the purpose of promoting CIPE's programs and opportunities;
• Students give Yale College, for the expressed purpose of promoting CIPE's programs and opportunities, the right and permission with respect to the submitted photo, photo information, and caption to copyright the same in Yale College's own name or any other name that Yale College may choose; to use, re-use, publish and republish the same in whole or in part individually or in conjunction with other photos in any medium and for the expressed purpose of promoting Yale College; and to use their name in connection therewith if Yale College so chooses;
• Students release and discharge Yale College from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the photo and caption, including any and all claims for libel.
- Failure to include any of the background information items will result in disqualification.
Winners will be selected based on the following:
- Photos will be judged on the basis of artistic and technical merit, but more emphasis will be placed on the ways in which the photo captures the students' experiences.
- Captions will be judged on the basis of how they describe the ways in which the photo captures the students' experiences.
- Photos will be evaluated "as is" for the purpose of the contest. However, Yale College reserves the right to resize the picture for its online presentation.
- Background information will not be judged in any way.
- Students must submit their ONE entry by email to email@example.com.
- Students must type "CIPE Photo Contest" as the subject of their email.
- Students must include caption and photo information in the body of the email and include their photo submission as a .jpg attachment.
- There is no contest entry fee.
- Entries must be submitted by 11:59 pm on Tuesday, October 1, 2013.
- Any questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.