Center for International and Professional Experience (CIPE) Photo Contest
CIPE is looking for photos from your experiences in CIPE programs to create the 2015 Center for International and Professional Experience Calendar! View our 2014 CIPE Calendar! The contest opens Tuesday, September 2, 2014.
Students submitting photos must:
Winners from Previous Years
- Students may submit only ONE photo.
- The photo must be submitted electronically as a .jpg image. See How to Submit Entry below.
- The photo must be high resolution.
- The photo must be horizontal. No photographs in “portrait” orientation will be considered.
- The photo must have been taken by the student while the student was participating in one of the CIPE programs listed under Eligibility Criteria.
- In addition to submitting the photo, the student must include ALL of the following:
• First and last name
• Class year
• Residential College
• University email address
• The name of the CIPE program in which the student participated or the fellowship that the student received (e.g. Yale Summer Session in Mumbai)
• The term during which the photo was taken (e.g. Summer 2014)
• The name of the country and city or town where the student took the photo (e.g. Mumbai, India)
• A photo caption not to exceed 1,000 characters describing the photo and how it reflects a meaningful aspect or idea from your experience. The character limit does not include the other information submitted.
- Students agree to all terms and conditions of the CIPE Photo Contest.
12 students will have their photo featured in the 2015 CIPE calendar. Each winning student will receive five (5) copies of the calendar (great as a holiday gift) and the student whose photo receives the most votes will receive a professionally framed 8x10 copy of their photo, which will be featured on the cover of the calendar. Winning photos will also be featured on the CIPE website.
- Submissions will be judged by CIPE staff members.
- All decisions are final.
- Winners will be notified the week of November 3, 2014.
- Photo release terms: By submitting their photos to the CIPE Photo Contest, students agree to the following:
• Students grant Yale University the right to use their submitted photo, photo information, and caption for the purpose of promoting CIPE's programs and opportunities;
• Students give Yale University, for the expressed purpose of promoting CIPE's programs and opportunities, the right and permission with respect to the submitted photo, photo information, and caption to copyright the same in Yale University's own name or any other name that Yale University may choose; to use, re-use, publish and republish the same in whole or in part individually or in conjunction with other photos in any medium and for the expressed purpose of promoting Yale University; and to use their name in connection therewith if Yale University so chooses;
• Students release and discharge Yale University from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the photo and caption, including any and all claims for libel.
- Failure to include any of the background information items will result in disqualification.
Winners will be selected based on the following:
- Photos will be judged on the basis of artistic and technical merit, but more emphasis will be placed on the ways in which the photo captures the students' experiences.
- Captions will be judged on the basis of how they describe the ways in which the photo captures the students' experiences.
- Photos will be evaluated "as is" for the purpose of the contest. However, Yale University reserves the right to resize the picture for its online presentation.
- Background information will not be judged in any way.
- Students must submit their ONE entry by Wednesday, October 1, 2014 at 11:59 pm.
- There is no contest entry fee.
- Any questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.