Yale College
Center for International and Professional Experience
55 Whitney Avenue
New Haven, CT

We value your comments and suggestions:

What to do in an Emergency

If you encounter an emergency while traveling:

  1. Where serious injury or illness has occurred, immediately seek medical treatment at the closest medical facility. If medical service is not available, contact UnitedHealthcare Global (call collect 1-410-453-6330).
  2. Contact UnitedHealthcare Global (call collect 1-410-453-6330) to inform them of your emergency. UnitedHealthcare Global will assist, monitor and coordinate your situation until it has been resolved or you are no longer in danger.
  3. Notify Yale (call Security 24/7 at 1-203-785-5555). Yale Security will notify the Office of the Secretary and, if necessary, your program.
  4. For medical emergencies, notify University Health Services (1-203-432-0123) or your personal health care provider.
  5. Contact the nearest U.S. Consular service or Embassy or the consulate or embassy of your country of citizenship.