Required ISA Report: Due September 1
Why do I have to write a report?
Contact us at if you have questions about the ISA.
How do I submit the report?
- During the summer, CIPE will send you the report as a template that you are required to complete.
- Enter your information as indicated in the text fields, add 1-2 pages of additional description of your summer experience directly into the template document.
- Save the completed report on your computer as a Word document in the following format: "First name.Last name.doc" (please include the ".doc" stem).
- Upload your ISA report to your ISA application in your MyCIPE account.
What do I have to say in this report?
- A brief description of your program or project abroad.
- A brief description of your goals for the experience and whether you are meeting or did meet these goals
- A more detailed account of your experience and its impact on you both personally and academically.
- Observations you'd like to share on the life in the host country, challenges faced, things you learned, etc.
- You are encouraged to add any links to photos or blogs that you kept during your time abroad
- Thank the donor: It is customary to include, in your closing paragraph, a thank you to the donor for supporting your summer project. The thank you should include the name of the specific fund that supported your ISA.
- If we do not tell you that a specific donor funded your ISA, your report may be sent to current or possible future donors as a way of encouraging them to consider funding ISAs in the future. Instead of thanking a donor, you are welcome to thank the ISA program in general.
- Please proofread your ISA report before you click "submit".
When is the report due?
- You will be notified early in the summer about this requirement.
- After this initial notification, you will receive ONE courtesy reminder to complete the report, following the completion of your international experience.
- The final date for submission of this report is September 1.
What happens if I do not submit the report on time?
Any or all of the following consequences may occur:
- Failure to submit the ISA report by the deadline will result in your access being blocked for a semester or longer to Undergraduate Career Services' Symplicity system, which will block your ability to search an apply for internship programs, post-graduate jobs, UCS and employer-sponsored events, and alumni networking resources.
- Failure to submit the ISA report by the deadline may affect your competitiveness for other study, internship, volunteer, research, or fellowship opportunities administered through the Center for International and Professional Experience.
- You may be asked to return your ISA funds.
- Your case may be sent to ExComm.
What if I have to complete multiple reports?
- In addition to the ISA report, some students may be required to complete other program reports, or reports to donors sponsoring a fellowship that they received.
- Please address your ISA report to the specific donor who is sponsoring your ISA. You will be given this information with plenty of time to write your report.