Funding at Yale
Fellowships are merit-based monetary awards that support a wide range of purposeful activities. These include:
Fellowship Programs at CIPE offers a large number of Yale fellowships and administers many national competitions, but there are fellowships administered elsewhere on campus, as well as outside Yale. Use the Student Grants Database to search for fellowships at Yale.
Students should be aware that Yale fellowship funding is not available for:
- Reimbursement of lost wages or funding toward the Student Income Contribution
CIPE fellowship funding is not available for the following. Fellowship funding outside of CIPE is rarely available for the following:
- Spring break travel, whether for individual or group activities
- Winter break travel
- Travel for activities of less than one month
- Travel to attend meetings and conferences
- Short term (less than one month) individual or student-led group activities
There are many funding opportunities that exist outside of Yale, and there are many searchable websites and databases that list these.
Other Funding Options
There are many ways to raise the money and resources needed for your summer or year-long plans.