Selected Press 2001-2011
"I said I would like to be a World Fellow, and I was informed that I no longer qualify as a young world leader. So today you are stuck with my opinions without the benefit of further Yale study."
Former U.S. President Bill Clinton, on the occasion of Yale University's Tercentennial,
October 6, 2001 (Read full speech)
Selected Media Coverage of Program
- World Fellows celebrate 10 years, Yale Daily News, October 10, 2011
A message for the 7 billionth baby? Yale Daily News, September 27, 2010
2010 World Fellows Share Insight, Humor with Yale Community, September 20, 2010
Yale Convenes Conference on Occasion of Global Compact's 10th Anniversary, United Nations Global Compact, May 28, 2010
- The Yale Herald, "World Fellows," November 3, 2006 (click here to read)
- Yale Alumni Magazine, "World Class," May|June 2005 (PDF file)
Selected Media Coverage of World Fellows
- Putin's Big Mistake, The New Yorker, December 6, 2011, Alexey Navalny (2010)
- Man with the Plan in Myanmar, Asia Times Online, August 26, 2011, Nay Win Maung (2004)
- My Jakarta: Sati Rasuanto, Investment Coordinating Board Expert Staff, Jakarta Globe, May 12, 2011, Sati Bur Rasuanto (2011)
- Building Democracy from Below in Venezuela, Yale Journal of International Affairs, April 2011, Maria Corina Machado (2009)
- Net Impact: One Man's Cyber Crusade Against Russian Corruption, The New Yorker, April 4, 2011, Alexey Navalny (2010)
- JSE Appoints First Woman to Run Africa's Biggest Stock and Bonds Exchange, Bloomberg, March 16, 2011, Nicky Newton-King (2008)
- Interview with Fares Mabrouk, Yale Arab Alumni Association Newsletter, February 2011, Fares Mabrouk (2010)
- Former World Fellow, now a Yale senior, Yale Daily Bulletin, January 10, 2011, Tina Kraja (2006)
Moroccan Journalist Wins Gebran Tueni Prize, World Association of Newspapers, December 12, 2010. Featuring Aboubakr Jamaï (2004)
Christians in the Levant on the Brink of Extinction, YaleGlobal Online, December 10, 2010. By
May Akl (2010)
Merkel Leads on Climate Change, YaleGlobal Online, December 2, 2010. By Hakan Altinay (2009)
After months of inaction, Russia opens inquiry into Mercedes bribery case, The Washington Post, November 12, 2010. Featuring Alexey Navalny (2010)
Turning the Tide on South Africa's HIV/AIDS Epidemic, Yale Daily Bulletin, November 2, 2010. By Thembi Xulu (2010)
Taking the Healthy Road to Success, Business Day, October 27, 2010. Featuring Mteto Nyati (2004)
Hugo Chávez and the Venezuelan Election, The Weekly Standard, October 14, 2010. Featuring Maria Corina Machado (2009)
Hamden governance wows Mongolian lawmakers, New Haven Register, September 29, 2010. Featuring Oyuna Tsedevdamba (2006)
Maria Corina a nova face do antichavismo and Deputada é a nova cara da oposição na Venezuela, Jornal Valor Economico, September 28, 2010. Featuring Maria Corina Machado (2009)
The Biggest Argument Against Staying in Afghanistan: Somalia, The Huffington Post, September 28, 2010. By Azeem Ibrahim (2009)
The Scots tycoon drafted in to save flood-hit Pakistan, The Herald Scotland, September 19, 2010. Featuring Azeem Ibrahim (2009)
Creating High Impact with BoP Business--with Unmesh Brahme, Cause Capitalism, August 27, 2010. Featuring Unmesh Brahme (2009)
Is the United States a Hero or a Villain?, The Huffington Post , July 3, 2010, Ali Hakan Altinay (2009)
Growing Challenges of Energy & Environment - Part II, YaleGlobal Online, June 24, 2010. By Olivier Cattaneo (2004)
- Perez-led Alternergy bags 6 wind power projects, The Philippine Star, November 9, 2009
- Former World Fellows Network and Learn From Each Other at Yale Forum, Yale Bulletin, November 6, 2009
- Rui Chenggang (2005) featured in People/Points, Beijing Review, November 5, 2009
- Bringing the World to the Rising Sun, Global Asia, June 30, 2009. Review of Japan's Open Future, co-authored by John Haffner (2008).
- Rumblings of a Megashock (Part I), an excerpt from Japan's Open Future: An Agenda for Global Citizenship, The Globalist, May 25, 2009
- A legal crusader against polluters in China, The Seattle Times, May 21, 2009
- Mehmet Daimagüler (2007) on Turkey-EU relations, France 24 TV, April 6, 2009
- The G20 Summit: Exceeding Expectations, Yet Falling Short, Egypt's International Economic Forum, April 2009
- Think Again: South Africa, Foreign Policy, April 2009
- Perez Named Renewable Energy Czar, The Philippine Star, April 2, 2009
- Pakistan is a failed state and I don't want an Afghanistan in Kashmir, MTV Iggy, March 25, 2009
- Stories from college during militancy, MTV Iggy, March 24, 2009
- Charlie Rose discusses the Crisis in Pakistan, with Imtiaz Ali (2008) and others, March 17, 2009
- German Muslims Show That Fear Of Rising Anti-Semitism Is Misplaced, The Huffington Post, March 12, 2009
- EcoPeace/Friends of the Earth Middle East, founded by Gidon Bromberg (2007), receives Skoll Foundation Award, March 12, 2009
- Japan in a Post-American World, The Huffington Post, March 4, 2009
- The Politics of Food, McKinsey What Matters, February 26 , 2009
- Italian G8 Summit: A Critical Juncture for Global Health, The Lancet, February 14, 2009
- Japan as the Catalyst for Improving Public Health, The Japan Times, February 12, 2009
- British Bank Adapts to Life on a Leash, The New York Times, February 5, 2009
- Gaza: A View from Cairo, The Star (Malaysia), January 11, 2009
- Leading Businesswoman attempts to bridge gender gap, The Japan Times, January 3, 2009
- How Obama Can Improve the World, The Huffington Post, December 24, 2008
- A Kashmiri Perspective, The Star, November 30, 2008
- Helping India's Poor Get a Leg Up, Business Week, November 2008
- Energy Security, A new book by Sascha Müller-Kraenner (2005), published by Earthscan
- Facing the Issues of Asia’s Urban Slums, East-West Center, September 24, 2008
- Kosovo's man in Brussels sets out priorities, EU Observer, September 23, 2008
- Heroes of the Environment 2008, Time Magazine, September 2008
- Young & Restless in China, PBS Frontline documentary, June 2008. Featuring Zhang Jingjing (class of 2008).
- Architecture students helping to design Mideast Peace Park, Yale Bulletin, May 16, 2008. Featuring Gidon Bromberg (class of 2007).
- Eco-warrior for peace, The Age (Australia), April 12, 2008. Featuring Gidon Bromberg (class of 2007).
- Michael Cappello interviewed on China Daily, March 2008.
- New UN Resident Coordinator for Nepal joins office, The Rising Nepal, March 12, 2008. Featuring Robert Piper (class of 2004).
- Lost Generation Now Found, The Moscow Times, January 17, 2008. Featuring Karina Dashko (class of 2004).
- Taking Stock of Brand Malaysia, The Star Online, January 13, 2008. By Huzir Sulaiman (class of 2007).
- "Top Executive Says New Technology Is Key To African Prosperity," VOA News, November 28, 2007. Featured Mteto Nyati, class of 2004.
- "Respected Human Rights Advocate Reflects On Zimbabwe Crisis," VOA News, November 27, 2007. Featured Brian Kagoro, class of 2003.
- "Nigerian Legal Advisor Says Law Must Lead African Progress," VOA News, November 26, 2007. Featured Chinwe Uwandu, class of 2003.
- "Leading African Lawyer Wants Human Rights Culture for his Home Continent," VOA News, November 26, 2007. Featured Duga Titanji, class of 2007.
- "Top African Aid Official Appeals For Children To Be Center of Development Efforts," VOA News, November 26, 2007. Featured Muluemebet Hunegnaw, class of 2007.
- "Make Music Not War," Newsline (Pakistan), November 2007. Featured Amit Wanchoo, class of 2007.
- "La ONU deposito su confianza en ella," El Comercio (Ecuador), October 15, 2007. Featured Jessica Faieta, class of 2006.
- "Rural B-School Empowers Indian Women," Business Week, July 16, 2007. Featured Chetna Gala Sinha, class of 2002.
- "The man making the world's worst polluter clean up its act," The Observer, July 8, 2007. Featured Ma Jun, class of 2004.
- "Microfinance MBAs," Salon.com, June 12, 2007. Featured Chetna Gala Sinha, class of 2002.
- "Le Monde de Chantal Line Carpentier," Commerce, May 2007. Featured Chantal Line Carpentier, class of 2006.
- "Vertus Capitalistes," L'Actualité, February 2007. Featured Chantal Line Carpentier, class of 2006.
- "Starbucks vs. Ethiopia," Fortune, February 26, 2007. Featured Getachew Alemu, class of 2006.
- "Young Guns: 5 Hot Minds in Economics," Yale Economic Review, Fall 2006. Featured Tomas Sedlacek, class of 2006. Click here for PDF.
- "The Crusader," The New Yorker, October 16, 2006. Featured Aboubakr Jamai, class of 2004.
- "Dos prominentes hispanos entre los 'Yale World Fellows' de 2006," Registro, September 26, 2006. Featured David Fuentes Montero and Jessica Faieta, both of the class of 2006.
- "Aboubakr Jamai: Journalist," TIME Europe, May 14, 2006. Featured Aboubakr Jamai, class of 2004.
- "Ma Jun: The Man Who Would Save the People's Water," TIME, May 8, 2006. Featured Ma Jun, class of 2004.
- "Diplomatic TV anchor brings modern China to the world," The Australian, May 4, 2006. Featured Rui Chenggang, class of 2005.