- American Society for Microbiology's General Meeting 111 in New Orleans (2011), and 112 in San Francisco (2012)
- First Joint Congress on Evolutionary Biology – Evolution Ottawa (2012)
- Workshop on Robustness in Biological Systems. Mathematical Biosciences Institute, The Ohio State University (2012)
- Microbial Diversity course, Marine Biological Laboratory, Woods Hole, MA (2011, 2012)
- American Society for Virology, 31st Annual Meeting. Madison, WI (2012)
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS). San Jose, CA (2012)
- Gordon Conference on Microbial Population Biology (2011)
Recently, our group contributed to:
News and events
- Mark Sistrom has started a crowd-sourced resarch project to investigate possible antibiotic compounds in gecko skin.
- Former postdoc Susanna Remold becomes tenured Associate Professor of Biology at University of Louisville.
- Undergrad researcher Chidi Akusobi (Yale ‘12) is awarded the Belknap Prize for outstanding senior thesis in Ecology & Evolution, and a Gates-Cambridge Award to conduct Master's studies at Cambridge University.
- Undergrad researcher Derek Park(Yale ‘13) receives a Beckman Scholars Award, which recognizes outstanding students in Chemistry and Biological Sciences.
- Graduate student Daniel Goldhill is awarded an NSF Dissertation Improvement Grant (2011).
- Paul is named Associate Editor for the journal Evolution, Medicine and Public Health.
- Paul instructs K-12 teachers in the Yale National Initiative and Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute, with the goal to develop new curricula in biology, evolutionary biology and evolutionary medicine
- Paul is elected to the Council of the American Genetic Association, publishers of the Journal of Heredity.