What to do when you need to ship a package
Call Dave House at 203-436-4596
United Parcel Service (UPS) picks up packages from Central Shipping. If you FAX your Request for Service to us by 11:00 a.m., your package will be picked up that day for shipment the following day. If possible, we will ship your package out that same day.
If you have a package you want to ship out, FAX a Request for Services form to 203 436-4594 telling us:
TR&S cannot pick up loose merchandise. It must be in a sealed package. If additional packing is required, make a note on the Request for Service that you fax us and TR&S will "repack" for you prior to shipment.
- Where to pick up the package Yale building and room number.
- The approximate physical size.
- The approximate weight.
- General description of contents and value.
- The date you would prefer TR&S to pick up the shipment for you.
- The date you would prefer the shipment to reach its destination.
- The dates and time the pick up point is open. (Most pick-ups are made between 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
- Is the material already packed and labeled or do we need to pack and/or label it.
- Don't forget to list your charge number.
We need to know this information to determine the size of vehicle, equipment and manpower to assign to the pick up.
TR&S will pick up your package(s) and ship them for you. We handle routine materials for a reasonable fee. Fees will vary with each and every shipment, but for the routine, small parcel, that is already packed and labeled, this fee will be approximately $5.30 plus shipping costs. The larger and heavier the shipment, the higher the cost will be for pick up, preparation and shipping.
NOTE: Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) Federal Regulations do not permit TR&S to ship many types of hazardous materials. We suggest you contact the Yale's Environmental Health & Safety tel. 203-785-3555 about the movement of these types of materials.
TR&S cannot ship anything to a Post Office Box. Label must display (in this order):
street address (including number)
city/town, state ZIP Code
If all you have is a P.O. box number for an address, you must "mail" (not "ship") that parcel(s) by U.S. Mail. TR&S cannot mail parcels for you. Take it to the nearest post office or put it in your outgoing U.S. Mail.
For urgent overnight air shipments, contact United Parcel Service or Federal Express directly.