If you encounter an emergency while traveling, take the following steps.
- Where serious injury or illness has occurred, immediately seek medical treatment at the closest medical facility. If medical service is not available, contact MEDEX for assistance (www.medexassist.com or call collect 1-410-453-6330).
- Call the University 24-hour security office 203-785-5555. Notify the contact person in your program, department, or school.
- For medical emergencies, notify University Health Services (203-432-0123) or your personal health care provider.
- Contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or consular service.
- Contact MEDEX to inform them of your emergency. MEDEX will assist, monitor, and coordinate your situation until it has been resolved or you are no longer in danger.