The Most Overlooked Visa Requirements for the Most
Nov. 3, 2011
Following is not meant as a complete list of important requirements. You may find the most missed visa information for the most popular business and leisure destinations. Please remember that you can find detailed and complete requirements information on our website. If you have any questions regarding the general tips provided below please check the requirements provided on the CIBT website. Consular requirements may differ depending on the processing city within the US.
- The Consulate will not accept double-sided prints of the visa application, each page of the application must be printed on a separate sheet.
- No glasses to be worn on the visa photos.
- Signature on the visa application must exactly match the signature on the applicant's passport.
- A Business Invite is required for all business travelers. The Invite is not simply a letter you would obtain from the host company rather an official document approved by the ministry that can only be obtained through special agencies operating in Russia. CIBT can assist you with the process. Most importantly a separate processing time must be allowed that of the visa process. Depending on the validity of the visa requested the business invite process may take up to 30 business days. However, in some cases you may also be too early to apply.
- Chinese visa application asks for your birth place city/country. If you were born in Taiwan, Hong Kong or Macau please do not enter the name of these as your birth city or country. While it may state as that in your current passport on the Chinese visa application you must rather provide a different locality, either village or town name, followed by China as the country of birth. There are no exceptions to this rule.
- The signature of the applicant on the confirmation page of the visa application form must be placed within the borders of the rectangular box on the bottom of the page, not on the lines below or anywhere else outside of the box. Since the application is completed online and the confirmation page only includes general information it is not possible for the visa specialists to confirm all personal information so please double check your entries while you are completing the form online.
- Female visa applicants must adhere to the Islamic rules of modest clothing and headscarf on their visa application photos.
- Applicants of Kazakh origin must submit proof that their citizenship has been formally relinquished through the Kazakh Embassy.
- Saudi Consulate does not issue tourist visas.
- Haj travel is only permitted to Muslims.
- On your visa application if you indicate that you are a Muslim however, you do not possess a Muslim name or have converted to Islam you must provide a Certificate of Islam from an imam or the mosque.