United Parcel Servicemover picture
Yale University has contracts with UPS for air and ground shipments. UPS is our preferred carrier for lightweight air shipments of 50 lbs. or less.  UPS will only pick up ground shipments from specified shipping areas. If your shipment requires ground service, you will need to fill out a request for service and fax it to Gerry Apuzzo, supervisor at our central receiving station, at 764-9312. Your RS form should specify where the shipment needs to be picked up along with a contact person and telephone number. The form should also include a ship to address, number of pieces and approximate weight of the shipment.
For a UPS air shipment you may contact UPS directly for a pick up at 1-800-742-5877. It is imperative you include our account number and your VIP number on the airway bill.
Federal Express
Federal Express specializes in air service and is generally more expensive than some of our other airfreight carriers. Federal Express is usually used for lightweight air shipments, less than 50 lbs. You may contact them directly for pick up service at 1-800-238-5355. It is imperative you include our account number and your VIP number on the airway bill. If you have a shipment more than 50 lbs. contact our Transportation Office, Diane Brown 432-9961.

Heavy Weight Air and Ocean Shipments

For air or ocean shipments over 50 lbs., the Transportation Office has negotiated discounts with freight forwarders such as BAX Global, DHL and Emery Worldwide.  Whether you have a domestic or international shipment, contact

Common Carriers

The Transportation Office has negotiated discounts with common carriers such as Consolidated Freightways, Yellow Freight and Overnite Transport.  Remember, common carriers only make dock to dock pick up and deliveries. Contact or TR&S to help arrange your shipping requirements.

Packaging Service

Have a shipment but no corrugated container? Need a crate made? No problem. Traffic, Receiving and Stores offers a packaging service. They would pickup your shipment and package it at their warehouse. You may contact TR&S at   If they are unable to help you, the Transportation Office does have contacts with outside vendors for packing and crating service. Depending on the size and location, the shipment would be packed on site or taken to a warehouse and than we would ship it from there. For more information, contact   packages picture


Yale University Transportation Browser Compatibility
The information on this site is subject to change without notice.
Contact site personnel with comments or broken links+
Copyright© - Yale University
Last Updated: January 31, 2014