Marsh Botanical Garden
Marsh Garden sits on eight acres at the northern end of Yale University’s campus. Bequeathed to the University by Othniel C. Marsh (1832-1899), paleontologist and natural history professor, the Garden has provided support for research and instruction for Yale’s undergraduate and graduate studies programs, including Forestry and Environmental Studies; Evolutionary and Ecological Biology; Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology and others.The garden’s outdoor displays include remnants of the original design by Beatrix Farrand, whose relationship with Yale University began in 1923 and lasted for decades. The display areas also include naturalistic plantings on the hillsides using American native wildflowers, grasses and woody plants. The perennial and annual beds near the greenhouses provide spring, summer and fall color.