Do I need a Visa to be a part of the GSP?

If you are not a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident, then yes you need a visa to study at Yale during the summer.

What do I do if I need a Visa?

Once you are accepted into the GSP and receive your I-20 (enclosed in the acceptance packet) by mail, make an appointment at the US embassy in your home country. You will need to get your visa before the program begins in New Haven. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT STUDENT VISAS


Will this program help my English language studies?

This GSP course is not a course designed to improve your English skills. For students whose native language is not English, do not expect the course work to improve your English, but use this experience as a chance to practice your skills. Students should have an advanced level of English language skills.

When does the program officially begin and end?

Students can check into on-campus housing on Sunday July 1, 2012. The program begins on Monday July 2. The program officially ends on Friday August 10. Students must check out of the dorms by 6pm on Friday. Please plan your flights accordingly if you are not staying on for personal travel at the end of the program.

What should I do while I am in New Haven?

Take time to explore New Haven while you are here! You can take the train to New York City, take a bus to Boston, and New Haven has many local beaches!


When the program ends, when should I plan to return home?

Yale courses and Yale housing in New Haven typically end on Friday. International Students should plan return flights accordingly. Many international students from previous years stayed in the US after the program ended for personal travel.