Network Card Registration
Before you can fully access the Internet, you need to register your network connection.
- Go to http://www.yale.edu/netreg.
- Click Register Student Network Connection.
- Enter your NetID and password and click Login.
- If your computer has not been patched by Windows Update against certain computer worms, the Netreg site will not allow you to register. Once you have downloaded the necessary patches you can finish the registration process.
- You also will not be able to register if you do not have the firewall in Windows XP Service Pack 2 turned on. Once you have done so, Netreg will allow you to proceed to the next step.
- Click the Register a new computer button. (If you have already registered your Ethernet connection, a table above this button will show your existing registration.)
- Enter the Ethernet Hardware Address of the connection you are registering. (Ethernet cards and wireless cards each have their own EHA's; make sure to enter the EHA corresponding to the card you are registering.) You can also click the Auto-Detect your EHA button to find your EHA. Another option is to use is the EHA finding utility located on the Startup CD's main page. If you cannot find your EHA, please see http://www.yale.edu/amt/eha for instructions.
- Enter the rest of the information about your computer, carefully read the network policy information, and then click I agree to complete the process.
- Wait 30 minutes and then restart your computer.
- You should now be able to connect to the Internet. If you need additional assistance, please click here for information about contacting a CA.