Student Information Systems

Student Information Systems

Where to go for help

NetIDs and Passwords

If you are experiencing a problem with your netid and/or password, see NetIDs and Passwords on the ITS Web site for further information and assistance.

Using Online Course Selection

Students in Yale College, the Graduate School, Divinity, Forestry, Nursing, and the School of Public Health use Online Course Selection (OCS) to construct a course schedule. There is online Help throughout OCS and there are FAQs available that answer common questions. However, there may be other questions or problems that arise and we hope you can find help here.

Access to Student Information Systems and OCS

If you receive the message: "You are not currently authorized to use Online Course Selection," you should check with your school registrar's office. You may not have been "ticketed" to use the system because of a student status change from one term to the next. If you are experiencing any other difficulty certifying your student data or accessing OCS, e-mail with the following information: a description of the problem and any error messages, your NetID, browser version and platform (PC or Mac and operating system version), whether you are an undergraduate, graduate, or professional student, and your e-mail address.

Using Online Course Enrollment

Students in the Law and Music Schools use online access to enroll in courses during the registration periods for each school. If you have questions about courses or if you get an error that says "You have no registration time ticket," contact your registrar.

Hardware and Software Support

If you are experiencing a hardware or software problem on your PC or Mac, there is support available throughout the campus. Undergraduate students should contact a computing assistant (CA) in their residential college. Graduate School students living on campus have support at 276 Prospect, Hall of Graduate Studies, and Helen Hadley Hall. Graduate students living off campus can consult with CAs at the Dunham Computing cluster or use the computers there. All students can use computers at the clusters if they are experiencing problems with their own computers. Information about computing assistants and support is available at Student Computing.

Questions Regarding Academic Requirements:

  • Yale College: contact your residential college dean.
  • Graduate School: contact your adviser, department registrar or DGS.
  • School of Public Health, Law School, Music School, Forestry School, Nursing School, and Divinity School: contact your registrar.


For questions or problems regarding the use of eBill-ePay for electronic billing and payment, and all other student financial questions, including tuition, please contact Student Financial Services.


During the registration period, Websis is monitored from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on weekends and holidays. We make every effort to respond to questions as soon as possible, but some questions require research to resolve. The database and servers are monitored 24 hours and we will post a message on the SIS homepage if there is a general system problem.

For all other questions or suggestions, e-mail