Yale University Yale Home Page Search Yale sites Calendar of Events Access Banner Student Record Course Listings SFAS home page
Question? Ask ELI
SFAS home page
Registrar - Faculty of Arts & Sciences
Student Financial Services
Dining Services
ID Card Center
Associated Student Agencies



Yale Commencement

University Registrar's Office

Serving the faculty, students, and alumni of Yale University

U.S. Mail Address Campus Location Contact Information
Yale University Registrar's Office
P.O. Box 208321
New Haven, CT 06520-8321
246 Church Street, 3rd fl.
Tel: 203-432-2330
Fax: 203-432-2334
Staff Directory
Task Directory
Email: registrar@yale.edu

The Registrar's Office maintains data and provides services for students, deans and administration in Yale College and the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences in the areas of academic records and student status; registration, enrollment and course information; and tuition and housing.

How are we doing? Give us feedback.

General Information & Services
Transcript Requests
(Yale College & Graduate School only)

Course Listings (OCI)

Online Course Selection Instructions (Yale College) Course Listings (YBB)
*Requires Authentication*
Online Course Selection Instructions (Graduate School) Online Course Selection
Degree Verification Online Course Evaluation
Enrollment Verification Classes*v2
Final Exam Schedule  
Dossier Requests (Graduate School)  
Graduate Degree Petitions  
Classroom Scheduling for Events  
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act  
Information Requests  
Resource Office on Disabilities  
Office of LGBTQ Resources  
Yale College Programs of Study  
Graduate School Programs & Policies  
Online Services
Downloadable Forms
Request to Elect Graduate or Professional School Course (Yale College only)
View Your Grades Drop a Second Major
View Your Financial Information Change Course Listing on Yale College Transcript
Update Your Address Name or SSN Update
Course Evaluation FAQs-Undergraduates Confidentiality Request
Summer Session/High School Transcript Management
Submit Yale College Course Proposal Simultaneous Degree Program Course Conversion Request
Course Evaluations for Yale College and Graduate School Instructors Graduate School Petition for Master's Degrees (en route & terminal)
Course Evaluations for Chairs & Directors Other Graduate School Forms
Course Evaluation FAQs for Faculty  
Online Discussion Section Information  
Form to Request Online Disc Sections  
Faculty Student Advising (FSA)
(Graduate School)
Faculty Grading System (FGS)  
Dissertation Progress Report (DPR)
(Graduate School)
Teaching Fellow System Information (Graduate School)  
CourseLeaf Resources  
Quick Links
Yale College Academic Calendar Yale College
Graduate School Academic Calendar Graduate School of Arts & Sciences
Yale College Final Exam Schedule Faculty of Arts & Sciences
Final Grade Due Dates for Fall 2015 Yale College Instructors' Handbook
Yale College Makeup Exam Schedule for
Fall 2015 Courses
Yale College DUS Handbook
  Undergraduate Admissions
  Visitor Information


See our transcript request FAQs.

Request a transcript on line through the National Student Clearinghouse:

  • Current students and alumni with an active Yale NetID order by signing in through Student Information Systems (SIS), clicking on "Academic Information," then selecting "Order a Transcript."
  • Alumni and former students without an active Yale NetID order directly through the National Student Clearinghouse.
    Note: If you do not order through SIS, you must print and return a signed and dated consent form to the Clearinghouse via fax or mail. An order-specific consent form is generated as part of the ordering process.

These options apply to students and alumni of Yale College and the Yale Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. Professional school students (Architecture, Art, Divinity, Drama, Forestry & Environmental Studies, Law, Management, Medicine, Music, Nursing, Public Health) must obtain transcripts from their own school registrars.


Online transcript orders require payment by credit card. The charge is $7 per transcript, which includes standard delivery. Express delivery options are available for an additional fee. Payment for the full amount of a transcript order must be received before the order can be processed.


The academic record is an internal advising document available only to currently enrolled Yale College students. The academic record does not take the place of an official transcript. Students may obtain copies of their internal academic record only from their Residential College Deans. There is no charge for the production of the academic record.


The Office of Career Strategy (203-432-0800) is responsible for the coordination of dossier services for GSAS students. The Graduate School utilizes Interfolio, an online vendor, as the provider of dossier management for all GSAS students and alumni. Any questions regarding dossier service should be directed to the Office of Career Strategy. For contact and other information, please visit the Office of Career Strategy Web site.

Yale College students should consult their Residential College Dean for information pertaining to the preparation and distribution of placement files.


Degree verifications for students in Yale College and in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences can be requested on line through the National Student Clearinghouse.

Professional school students (Architecture, Art, Divinity, Drama, Forestry & Environmental Studies, Law, Management, Medicine, Music, Nursing, Public Health) must obtain degree verifications from their own school registrars.


Enrollment verifications for students in Yale College and in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences can be requested by mail, fax, e-mail, or in person at 246 Church Street using a Request For Enrollment Verification (PDF) form. Allow 3–5 days for processing and mailing. Yale considers the contents of enrollment verifications to be items of directory information, which can therefore be produced without the student's written authorization. Students on non-disclosure must submit a signed request.

Professional school students (Architecture, Art, Divinity, Drama, Forestry & Environmental Studies, Law, Management, Medicine, Music, Nursing, Public Health) must obtain enrollment verifications from their own school registrars.


Undergraduates do not have to petition for a bachelor's degree. The Registrar's Office and the Residential College Deans monitor academic progress, fulfillment of degree requirements, and eligibility to graduate.

Students in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences must submit a Degree Petition form to their Department Registrar by September 15 for degrees to be awarded in December 2015 and by March 1 for degrees to be awarded in May 2016. You may submit petitions for degrees while you are still completing required coursework only during the spring term. Petitions for December degrees can be submitted only when all degree requirements have been satisfied.

For additional information and forms, visit the Graduate School Forms page.


The Registrar's Office provides registration or enrollment data for Yale University research or planning. Please describe in as much detail as possible what information you seek, indicate the date you would like to receive it, and submit your request in writing. Send requests to:

The Registrar's Office
Yale University
P.O. Box 208321
New Haven, CT 06520-8321
Telephone: 203.432.2330
FAX: 203.432.2334
Campus location: 246 Church Street, Third Floor
E-mail: registrar@yale.edu


This federal law affords students certain rights with respect to their educational records.

Notification of Student Rights under FERPA
Yale University Statement on Disclosure of Directory Information
Form to Request Withholding of Directory Information

Can I still receive e-mail if I request non-disclosure of my directory information?

YES. However, one of the consequences of requesting non-disclosure is that you will automatically be excluded from the online Yale directory, and e-mail addressed to your e-mail alias—typically firstname.lastname@yale.edu—will not reach you. If people know your actual e-mail address, they will be able to send you mail.

Will my name appear in the Commencement Program if I request non-disclosure of my directory information?

NO. However, you may inform your school registrar that you wish to make an exception for the Commencement Program. Submit this exception in writing or use the downloadable form.


During the academic year, the University Registrar's Office schedules classrooms that fall under the jurisdiction of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences; e-mail requests to classrooms@yale.edu. During the summer, Yale Conferences & Events is responsible for scheduling classrooms. The instructional needs of Yale College and the Graduate School receive priority for classroom reservations. Requests that do not fall into this category may take longer to fill during the first several weeks of each term.

A request must be submitted at least five business days in advance of the event, otherwise it may not be possible to accommodate the request. We strongly recommend submitting requests for weekend events at least one term in advance of the event.

All requesters must be current Yale affiliates or must be sponsored by a Yale department. Groups not affiliated with Yale and wishing to reserve rooms for conferences should contact Yale Conferences & Events. Classrooms may only be used by nonprofit organizations for educational purposes.

Undergraduate organizations must register with the Yale College Dean's Office each year. Once registered, student groups wishing to request classroom booking privileges must take the Classroom Use and Booking Tutorial on the Classrooms at Yale Web site, review the Building Use Guide for Yale University Classrooms, and forward a signed copy of the Classroom Use Agreement to classrooms@yale.edu. For more information on registered student groups, please refer to the section Student Organizations under Campus Life on the Yale College Web site.

Graduate student groups and organizations should first contact the McDougal Center in the Hall of Graduate Studies about meeting spaces.

To review the media services available in a particular classroom, go to the ITS Teaching and Learning Web site.