Hendrie Hall



165 Elm Street, New Haven, CT

Was Was erected from the gifts of John W. Hendrie, BA 1851, MA 1861, and others. The building was built of brick with limestone facade in a Renaissance Revival style. The Law School from 1895 occupied it until 1931, when the Sterling Law Buildings were completed. The architects, Cady, Berg & See, prepared the plans in two sections and the rear half was built with the funds then available; the building was completed in 1900. It was used briefly by the Divinity School, then as a Drama annex and faculty offices, before being converted to use by the undergraduate musical organizations, radio station WYBC, Associated Student Agencies, administrative offices, and the Yale Gamelan Suprabanggo.

Click on ->MAP: Hendrie Hall for campus location