EMS - Yale's Expense Management System
Purchasing Card Renewals and Cancellations 9-5-08
New EMS Online Training Now Available! 9-2-08
Issue with EMS Reports when Personal Expense Type is Changed 8-29-08
New P-Card Suspension Notice 8-21-08
New Fax Number for Faxing EMS Receipts! 7-15-08
New Form for Adding Assistants to your drop-down list 6-9-08
EMS Enhancements Update 6-20-08
Procurement-Related Financial Report Changes 5-1-08
EMS Reports Help Monitor Unsubmitted P-Card Charges and ERs 4-1-08
New EMS Purchasing Card and User Request Form 10-2007
This form replaces and combines the four previous Yale Purchasing Card Application forms and includes EMS Application fields. It should be used for applying for a new PCard or Department Card as well as limit, cardholder and commodity changes. All EMS additions, change and cancellation requests should also be made using this form.
What is EMS?
The Expense Management System (EMS) is used to create and submit expense reports when any of the following expenditures take place:
- Travel expenses (processed with or without a Yale University Purchasing Card)
- Material or supplies charges purchased with a Yale University Purchasing Card
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
Why Use EMS?
Supports use of Yale University Purchasing Cards for all expenses; encouraged for business travel use
- Allows employees to travel using University instead of personal funds
- Integrates out-of-pocket reimbursements with Purchasing Card processing
Streamlines the preparation and approval of expense reports
- Provides online system with a friendly user interface
- Expense reports up to $10,000 receive final approval outside of Accounts Payable
- Reimbursements via direct deposit processed immediately following approval (generally within 36-48 hours)
Strengthens internal controls and simplifies record retention
- Assures appropriate documentation and approvals
- P-Card use reduces need for cash reimbursement
- Receipts no longer required by University for purchases under $75 or when "Level 3" data is present (consult your department business office for local guidelines)
- Required documentation retained online instead of paper
Eligible users are automatically added to EMS (this is based on the Oracle Human Resources feed).
Business Offices can modify requests using the EMS Purchasing Card and User Request Form.
Those eligible to use EMS are in the following job categories:
Faculty (FAC), Management & Professional (M&P), Clerical Technical (C&T), Service Maintenance (S&M), Student Non-Hourly (STN), Student Hourly (STH), Casual (CAS), Postdoctoral Associates (PDA), Postdoctoral Fellows (PDF), Retirees (RET).
Others needing EMS access should contact Electronic Commerce Services at 432-3227.
Those not included in the above job categories
such as, Associates (ASSOC), Consultants (CON), Volunteer Faculty (VF), and Students other than noted above,
can be reimbursed using a Check Request:
Need More Help?
If you need additional help, please call the ITS Help Desk at 785-3200, 432-9000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. As a backup, Yale has an EMS system administrator who can also provide assistance. If additional help is required, the Help Desk will contact the system administrator on your behalf.