Fellows get their "groove thang" on with an afternoon dance lesson at Alisa's House of Salsa near the New Haven Green.
Information for Graduate & Professional Applicants,
President's Public Service Fellowship 2014
If you intend to apply, please note the following:
Deadline: January 24, 2014
- Both an Electronic and 4 Hard Copies of your Application are due by 4:00 p.m., Friday, January 24, 2014. Electronic applications should be sent to PPSF@yale.edu and the hard copies must be mailed or personally delivered to the Yale University Office of New Haven and State Affairs, 433 Temple Street, 2nd floor. No extensions.
- Applicants must not be in their final year of study, and must be in good academic standing.
Requirements of the Fellowship
- The Fellowship is full-time and must be the primary work of Fellows during the summer. Please plan accordingly. NOTE: Other summertime work is strongly discouraged. Fellows must discuss any other proposed part-time work, in advance of the summer, with the Director.
- Fellowship placements will be for eight to eleven consecutive weeks between May 27 and August 8, 2014. The Fellowship Director will facilitate a meeting between the Fellow and agency supervisor to determine the exact length of each individual Fellowship.
- All Fellows will be expected to participate in weekly dinner meetings during the course of the Fellowship.
- All Fellows will be expected to complete brief periodic reports during the program and a final report by the end of the summer.
- There will be a mandatory orientation session for all selected 2014 Fellows on Thursday, March 27, 2014 from 6:00 - 7:30 p.m. The location will be announced.
- The second mandatory orientation session will be held from the morning of Tuesday, May 20, 2014 through the evening of Friday, May 23rd.
- The stipend for Graduate and Professional students will be $650 per week. (For example, including orientation, this will mean a stipend of $5,850 for 9 weeks, $6,500 for 10 weeks, $7,150 for 11 weeks, and $7,800 for 12 weeks.)
- Graduate & Professional applicants to the President's Public Service Fellowship may select from the list of placement opportunities with New Haven nonprofit and public sector organizations.
- Download the Graduate/Professional Application (Word format).
Follow all application instructions, and provide four signed copies of your application to the Yale University Office of New Haven and State Affairs, on or before the deadline. Also email an electronic copy of your application to PPSF@yale.edu
- Prior to February 28, 2014, some applicants will be contacted for an interview. Note: Not all applicants will be interviewed.
- Notification to students regarding the status of their application will begin February 28, 2014 and conclude, at the latest, by March 7th.