Travel Information for
Current Students and Scholars

International travel by students and scholars in non-immigrant status requires advance planning and careful attention to details. The most important thing is to make certain you have all the required documents with your passport (not packed in your suitcase) when you arrive back in the U.S. Check with OISS before you leave if you have any questions, particularly if you need to apply for a new visa.


documentsTraveling Outside
the U.S.


canadaTravel to Canada, Mexico, & Adjacent Islands


usI-94 Record


usTravel in the U.S.


leaveStudy/Research Abroad


leaveTravel Delays



Related Links


Traveling to Yale for the first time?

More Resources

Medex Travel Assistance Program

Register your travel plans with the Yale International Travel Database