Other Visa Options

The list below is only a brief summary of other non-immigrant classifications and should be used for informational purposes only. If you will be joining Yale, you must be in touch with your host school or department, or the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS), to ensure that you enter the U.S. in the proper status.


internStudent Intern

For undergraduates enrolled in a Yale internship program


e3Australian Citizens

Australian citizens in a “specialty occupation”


o1Exceptional Ability

Temporary hire for academic staff appointment


bThe "Visitor" Visa

For short-term visitors


tnTrade Nafta Status

Citizens of Canada & Mexico can work temporarily in the U.S.


vwpThe Visa Waiver Program

Nationals of certain countries can travel for tourism or business


Related Links

Common visas used at Yale: