Driving in the U.S.

iconDriving in Connecticut:

Connecticut permits a student or visitor to operate a motor vehicle in Connecticut for a period of up to one year with his or her home country license. If the license is in a language other than English or Spanish, the license must be accompanied by an International Driver’s Permit(IDP), which serves as an English translation of the international license. An IDP is not considered a valid license, and must accompany a valid international driver’s license from the home country. IDP permits can only be obtained in the country which issued the actual license.

Note: Out-of-country licenses are not acceptable as a form of identification.