Since its inception in 1982, the mission of the Office of Cooperative Research (OCR) has been to foster commercial investment in the development of inventions and discoveries flowing from the faculty research at Yale. We do this by:
- Facilitating the translation of the results of Yale's research into commercial products and services that maximize the benefit to society, and
- Generating additional financial resources through cooperative research programs with corporate sponsors and licensing royalty revenues.
The OCR is charged with negotiating the contracts governing the development, allocation and commercialization of existing and prospective intellectual property rights, including plans for sharing and translating jointly held rights.
As we accomplish our mission, we seek to:
- Support the research and education missions of Yale.
- Enhance the reputation of the university.
- Catalyze local economic development.