Room Reservations for Luce Hall
**Yale classes held in Luce Hall are scheduled by the Yale College Registrar's office**
To reserve a room at Luce Hall, please download and complete the attached form and email it to Megan Ladner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax it to (203) 432-9383.
Directions to Luce Hall.
MacMillan Center Councils,
Committees, Centers & Programs
Microsoft Word Doc (editable
Yale University Departments & Organizations*
Microsoft Word Doc (editable
*see policy and procedures outlined below
Room Reservation Policies and Procedures
The priorities for reservations for the various rooms in Luce Hall are as follows:
- Auditorium – FASRO classes (M-Th, 9:00-3:45), MacMillan classes, MacMillan events, events sponsored by Yale.
- Room 102 – FASRO classes (M-F, 8:30-3:20), MacMillan classes, MacMillan events, events sponsored by Yale.
- Room 103 – MacMillan Director’s Meeting Room, Director’s classes, MacMillan events.
- Room 202 – FASRO classes (M-F, 9:00-3:20), MacMillan classes, MacMillan events, events sponsored by Yale.
- Room 203 – MacMillan classes, MacMillan events, events sponsored by Yale.
- Room 302 – FASRO classes (M-F, 9:00-4:20), MacMillan classes, MacMillan events.
- Room 013 – Consortium distance language classes (M-F, 8:30-3:20), MacMillan classes, FASRO classes, MacMillan events, events sponsored by Yale.
With respect to all rooms (except the Auditorium), it is the goal of the Center and the Registrar to preserve the 11:45-12:45 time slot for non-class MacMillan sponsored events. This is the most popular time slot for lunchtime lectures, so this time will be left available. If at all possible, it is recommended that you schedule your lunchtime events for M-W-F since these are the days of the week that the rooms are least likely to be needed for classes.
- All reservation requests will be date stamped upon receipt and held each term until after that term’s shopping period ends.
- At the end of each term’s shopping period, Megan Ladner (email@example.com) will then notify the requestor via e-mail that the reservation request is either CONFIRMED or has been DENIED due to a scheduling conflict.
- During the academic year, no single entity can book the entire second floor (classrooms and common room) and/or the Auditorium for full days more than two weekends in any given month.
- Any equipment used in the rooms (specifically Luce 013) will be the responsibility of the reservation holder. The technology used during the reservation time will need to be handled appropriately, and then secured at the end of the reservation in the designated storage spaces at the end of the reservation.
- Luce 013 cannot be reserved by any of Yale’s student organizations.
- The consortium related languages classes in Luce 013 may cross two normal Yale time periods. The distance language classes will have top priority while the Mellon grant is active for the consortium (Cornell, Columbia, and Yale) expected AY13, and AY14. Other distance technology classes will also have priority over non-tech classes for this specially equipped space.
- In order to reserve Luce 013, advance notice of 4 weeks is required since specific training is necessary in order to utilize the room.
ROOM RESERVATION PROCEDURE
The procedure for reserving a room in Henry R. Luce Hall is as follows:
- Complete a room reservation form (available at http://www.yale.edu/macmillan/reservations.htm ) and e-mail to Megan Ladner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See policies (1-4) for details regarding e-mail confirmation and usage; and
- When there are changes in event times, usage, or event cancellations, administrators are responsible to send e-mail notification to Megan Ladner at email@example.com or call 203-432-7937 as soon as possible so that the reservation information can be changed accordingly.
Should you have any questions regarding these policies or procedures, please do not hesitate to contact Megan Ladner at 203-432-7937 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for you cooperation.