Yale Responds to Hurricane Katrina
Thank you! The Katrina contribution program closed December 9, 2005.
Contributions from 1,351 students, facuty, staff members as well as additional group efforts were matched for a total of $497,830. The matching dollars contributed by the Officers, Deans, and Fellows of the Corporation, brought the grand total of all of Yale’s donations to the relief effort to approximately $748,915 (see President Levin's message).
Click the image below for a more detailed perspective of donations by Yale faculty, students, and employees to the relief efforts.
|Note: Response to Disaster earned the 2005 Silver Quill Award of Merit from the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) for its project management, design and effectiveness.
Yale will match the charitable donations, up to $1,000, that have already been made by faculty, students, and staff. To participate, download and complete the paper-based contribution form.
- Indicate the agency that you have donated to in the last section of the form
- Mail the completed form with proof of contribution to Yale University Human Resources, Hurricane Katrina Relief Fund, P.O. Box 208256, New Haven, CT 06520-8256
- Yale faculty and staff can contribute online through a payroll deduction via a secure online application. More info...
- Students can directly charge to their student account (up to $100) via a secure online application. More info...
NOTE: (faculty and staff): Yale University will send a confirmation of your pledge (via email or regular mail), which may be used in conjunction with your final 2005 pay stub, to verify your contribution.
Paper-based Donation Form
Yale faculty, students, and staff may use a paper-based contribution form for payroll deduction for and students can charge to their student account (up to $100). More info...
- 9/20 - The Library Staff Association (LiSA) raised $2,455 in individual donations to provide assistance to the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
- Collecting Cardboard Boxes -Drive ended
There is a shortage of cardboard boxes that need to be shipped from the New Haven Armory! A collection point has been established in the 221 Whitney Ave, 1st floor conference room (The old guard room by the back door).
Please bring clean, dry boxes of all shapes and sizes. DO NOT flatten boxes. They will be delivered to the New Haven Armory. For further information on this and other items needed, please contact: Susan Abramson: 432-8069
- 9/9 - Comfort for the Smallest Victims - Toy Drive ended
The The Faculty, Staff and Student of the School of Drama and the Controller's Office collected 3 car loads of new and very gently used stuffed animals for distribution to shelters in Texas and Louisiana. They will be delieverd to a location where they can be shipped this weekend. Thanks to everyone from the various business offices for their contributions.
- Join local volunteers to support the New Haven Katrina Relief efforts. More info...
We have provided a sampling of organizations that have emergency update links. If there are others you would like to see posted, please forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.