Any student who will be enrolled as a full time undergraduate in 2011-2012 or who has just received a Bachelor's degree in 2011 is eligible to apply. (There is no age limit.) You must be enrolled in organ study to apply, but you need not be a music major.
This workshop is designed to give talented students a high quality and individualized educational experience. Enrollment is limited and students will be chosen on the basis of the quality of their playing and the strength of their references. Yale organ faculty will review all recordings and make the admissions decisions.
How to apply
The deadline for RECEIPT of the application is February 15, 2011.
Download the application form here, and send with the supporting materials listed below to:
Yale Organ Week 2011
Yale Institute of Sacred Music
409 Prospect St.
New Haven CT 06511
Students will be notified of the status of their application by March 1, 2011.
Please make sure the following materials arrive by February 1:
- A completed application form.
- Two letters of reference (one must be from your organ teacher). These letters should include the address and phone number of the recommender.
- A CD of your playing made within the last calendar year. This should include one piece of J.S. Bach and two others of contrasting style. The recording may or may not be from a live performance, but must contain no edits within any given movement or work.
- An unofficial transcript of your most recent schooling.
- Repertoire list.
- A $25 application fee (check or money order payable to Yale Institute of Sacred Music).