Organ Week Home
Tuition and Fees
The Week's Activities
- Daily individual lessons with the renowned organ faculty. (Students are permitted to request a teacher for the week, which the organizers will consider when making assignments.) Repertoire will be ofthe student's choosing.
- Daily workshops on specialized topics. Topics in prior years included hymn and anthem accompanying, the art of organ transcription, baroque dance forms, and improvisation at the organ.
- An organ crawl to New York City one afternoon and evening.
- Evening performances by students and faculty.
- Possibility of attending the New Haven Festival of Arts and Ideas.
Students will have access to all of these organs for daily lessons and practice.
- Woolsey Hall (The Newberry Organ; E.M. Skinner)
- United Church on the Green ((Hillebrand/David Moore)
- Dwight Chapel (Von Beckrath
- Trinity Church on the Green (Aeolian Skinner)
- Battell Chapel (Walter Holtcamp, Sr.)
- Marquand Chapel (The Krigbaum Organ; Taylor & Boody)
See also organs at Yale.