Below are resources that can help you deal with a potential situation of campus workplace violence:
Support for Faculty and Staff
Counseling and Support Services
Yale’s Employee Assistance Program allows staff, faculty and their families to obtain immediate, confidential and professional help when personal difficulties begin to affect home life, health or job performance. Managers or co-workers should refer colleagues who appear to be under great personal stress to our Employee Assistance Program. Difficulties that may lead to such stress include: marital conflicts; family concerns; personal relationships; drug or alcohol abuse; legal or financial problems; job pressures; or lifestyle changes related to divorce, aging, retirement, illness, etc.
Click here for more information.
- Office of Equal Opportunity:
- Human Resources, Employee Relations at 203-436-8857 or contact your Human Resources Generalist (HRG)
Click to find your HRG.
- Labor Relations at 203-432-9822
- Local 34 at 203-624-5161 or Local 35 at 203-865-3259
Support for Students
If you are concerned in any way about yourself or a friend, you should reach out to a college Dean, advisor, department chair or Director of Graduate Studies.
Yale University Health Services (YUHS) offers an array of services to assist students who may need counseling or guidance to prevent or cope with traumatic situations. Students should visit YUHS, located at 17 Hillhouse Avenue.
- If you (or someone you know) is feeling anxious or depressed, come in or call Mental Health and Counseling services (3rd floor), phone 203-432-0290. To speak with a Mental Health professional after hours, call Urgent Care at 203-432-0123.
- If you think you need help with a drug or alcohol problem, come in or call Substance Abuse Counseling (5th Floor), phone 203-432-1891.
- In cases of sexual assault of you or someone you know, contact Mental Health & Counseling (3rd Floor) or S.H.A.R.E. Center—24/7 Crisis Hotline for Sexual Harassment & Assault, phone 203-432-6653.
- For emergencies, come in or call Urgent Care, call 203-432-0123.
The Postdoctoral community can contact the Office for Postdoctoral Affairs.
Central Campus - 203-432-9075
School of Medicine - 203-785-7528
Yale University Chaplain’s Office
All members of the Yale community may contact the Chaplain’s office for a confidential conversation about any topic (religious or not) or for help connecting with an area religious or spiritual community. Call 203-432-1128 or visit www.yale.edu/chaplain.
A downloadable brochure and poster are available as pdf files distribution and display around campus. We invite all Yale community members to print and distribute this information. Click to download.
- The U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration offers tips about awareness, solutions and federal regulations about the prevention of workplace violence: http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/workplaceviolence/index.html