Balancing Work, Academics, and Life
Yale's WorkLife programs and services are an integral part of the University's efforts to help faculty and staff to balance the multiple responsibilities associated with work, academic, and personal life.
The University is deeply committed to developing responsive work environments that are supportive of the obligations to home and community as well as the changes that accompany various life events.
Please take advantage of Yale's numerous resources, programs and services, which can help to bring greater balance to the modern complexities of work and personal life.
- Flexible Work Arrangements policy (601.3) for Managerial and Professional staff.
- Flexible Work Arrangement Resources for Supervisors and Managers
- Flexible Work Arrangement Resources for Employees
- Elder Care Assessment*. A free, three-hour, in-home elder care assesment is now available through the Employee Counseling & Support Servcies program (offered by Magellan). Trained counselors will help you explore and choose among eldercare options. This service is nationwide. For details call Magellan at 1-800-327-3240. (*This service is avabile for Yale faculty, managerial & professional staff, and post-doctoral associates).
- Working Mother magazine hails Yale again as one of nation's "Best Companies" fourth year in a row.
- Sixth Yale-Affiliated Child Care Center Opening at Yale Parent Review website: See what parents have to say about New Haven area schools and child care programs. Write your own review too.
- Parent Registry
- New Parent Packet
- Child Care Information Session - October 1 Introductory discussion for expected parents and those new to child care; Covering types of care, costs, finding and evaluating care, and other relevant information. . To register click here.
Stay in Touch
- Questions? Comments? Suggestions?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you.
- Keep up to date. Join our listserv!
Receive updates on all of the new and exciting programs and services offered through Yale's WorkLife Program and other related information.
To subscribe: Send an email to email@example.com and type SUBSCRIBE in the message body.