Balancing Work, Academics, and Life
Yale's WorkLife programs and services are an integral part of the University's efforts to help faculty and staff to balance the multiple responsibilities associated with work, academic, and personal life.
The University is deeply committed to developing responsive work environments that are supportive of the obligations to home and community as well as the changes that accompany various life events.
Please take advantage of Yale's numerous resources, programs and services, which can help to bring greater balance to the modern complexities of work and personal life.
- June 26 - Flextime in the Workplace at Yale workshop.
- Flexible Work Arrangements policy (601.3) for Managerial and Professioanl Staff
- Flexible Work Arrangement Resources for Supervisors and Managers
- Flexible Work Arrangement Resources for Employees
- Benefits eligible Yale employees: Elder Care Assessment. A free, three-hour, in-home elder care assesment is now available through the Employee Counseling & Support Servcies program (offered by Magellan). Trained counselors will help you explore and choose among eldercare options. This service is nationwide. For details call Magellan at 1-800-327-3240.
- Working Mother magazine hails Yale again as one of nation's "Best Companies" fourth year in a row.
- Sixth Yale-Affiliated Child Care Center Opening at Yale Parent Review website: See what parents have to say about New Haven area schools and child care programs. Write your own review too.
- Parent Registry
- New Parent Packet
- SUMMER SKIN CARE ESSENTIALS - June 16 Learn how to take care of the largest organ in your body; your skin. Undertand how the skin works and why it is important to our health. Learn the essentials of caring for your skin in the summer; how to protect yourself from the sun and other damanage from the environment; and decrease your risk of skin cancer. To register click here.
Stay in Touch
- Questions? Comments? Suggestions?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd love to hear from you.
- Keep up to date. Join our listserv!
Receive updates on all of the new and exciting programs and services offered through Yale's WorkLife Program and other related information.
To subscribe: Send an email to email@example.com and type SUBSCRIBE in the message body.