At New Employee Orientation, you'll learn about Yale and meet your fellow new employees.
The morning session includes:
- A continental breakfast
- Welcome address from an Office of the University
- Yale's history,
- Its organizational structure
- Current Yale initiatives that will affect each person's work life
- The opportunity to sign up for Yale's great health and welfare benefits
The afternoon session covers:
- Begins with lunch and a Guest Speaker
- The opportunity to sign up for Yale's great retirement benefits.
Orientation is currently held on Mondays from 8:30 am to 1:50 pm at 221 Whitney Avenue in Lower Level Training Room (directions below). Free parking is available in the Pierson/Sage garage at 350 Edwards St. (see below for more information). Dress is business casual, and breakfast and lunch are provided. For a complete agenda of the day, click here.
There are just a few other things you need to know to plan your day:
- Bring both your family members' and your social security numbers and birth dates so that you can sign up for your benefits.
- You may want to check-in with your supervisor about what to do after orientation. Your supervisor has been notified, by copy of your offer letter, that you are attending the orientation program. S/he has received a Supervisor's Guide designed to help with your welcome to the University.
- If you miss your orientation for any reason, talk with your supervisor immediately and then call the Learning Center at 203.432.5660 to arrange a new orientation date. Eligibility to some employment benefits is time-sensitive, so it is important not to delay.
If you have questions about the directions or require special transportation accommodations, please notify The Learning Center at 203.432.5660.
The Orientation program is held at 221 Whitney Avenue. Free parking is provided at the Pierson-Sage Garage (see map below for details). Handicapped parking is available in Lot 16, Whitney Avenue, across from Humphrey Street). Upon entering 221 Whitney, follow the directional signs to the orientation training room on the lower level (follow the signs).
Parking is available in the Pierson-Sage parking garage located at 350 Edwards Street. Access to the garage is via the roof (from Edwards Street). Turn into the driveway, and follow the bend to the left. When you arrive at the entrance, the gate will prevent you from proceeding. Type the key code sent to you in your offer letter package and enter and park in any open space. The stair tower and elevator are to the left as you enter. Exit is via roof only. Again, type the key code and the gate will rise to let you out. After parking your car, proceed South on Whitney to 221 Whitney Ave. Note, the key code is only available to you on your orientation day. If you lost the key code number, please contact the OD & Learning Center at 203.432.5660.