Yale WorkLife is sponsoring the following workshops during February. Registration is free. Further details are on our website.
- Healthy Meal Planning on a Budget, February 25, 155 Whitney Avenue Room 110, 12:00 p.m.-1:15 p.m.
- Fundamentals of Budgeting & Handling Credit, February 26, 155 Whitney Avenue Room 110, 12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
- How to Choose a Summer Camp, March 4, 320 York Street, McDougal Center, 12:00 p.m.-1:15 p.m.*Lunch will be served at this program which is co-sponsored by the McDougal Center for Graduate Student Life at Yale.
Yale provides eligible faculty, staff, post-docs and students up to 40 hours of subsidized back-up child care per fiscal year (July 1 - June 30). These services are intended to assist parents and guardians in arranging care for their children when their usual caregivers are not available. The back-up child care service is provided through Caregivers on Call, which has a network of caregivers in all 50 states and services both major metropolitan areas and smaller communities. Due to its extensive network, parents or guardians may also use this service when traveling to meetings and conferences for work. To learn more and to register for the service, visit www.yale.edu/backupcare or call 432-8069.
The Department of Human Resources has several resources to help new and expecting parents or parents of young children balance work and family life.
- The New Parent Packet contains a gift for a new child and information on University resources and services for parents/guardians. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subsidized back-up child care is available through Caregivers On Call. Visit our website for more information or call 432-8069.
- The Yale Babysitting Service establishes a link between Yale faculty, staff and students to access babysitting services provided by Yale students.
- Child Care Resource and Referral - The WorkLife Program has an Online Child Care Directory. Request a printed copy at email@example.com. Be sure to include your name and on-campus address.
- Child Care Coordinator - Schedule a telephone or in-person session with the Yale Child Care Coordinator by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 432-8069.