Yale WorkLife is sponsoring the following workshops during October. Registration is free. Further details are on our website.
- Coping with a Season of Celebration in the Midst of Grief, November 6, Peabody Auditorium, Marsh Room, 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Understanding Alzheimers and Dementia, November 7, Peabody Museum Auditorium, Noon-1:30 p.m.
- Getting Elder Records in Order: Vital Information When a Senior Is Ill, November 13, Location TBD, Noon-1:15 p.m.
- Clear Your Clutter, November 14, Peabody Museum, Auditorium, Noon-1:15 p.m.
- Flextime in the Workplace, November 14, The Anlyan Center, 300 Cedar Street, Room N205, Noon-1:30 p.m.
- Child Care Information Session, November 18, 333 Cedar Street, Medical School Library, Noon-1 p.m.
July 1 marked the start of a new fiscal year at Yale and another year of the Yale Back-up Child Care program. Yale is providing eligible faculty, staff, post-docs and students up to 40 hours of subsidized back-up child care per fiscal year (July 1 - June 30). These services are intended to assist parents and guardians in arranging care for their children when their usual caregivers are not available. The back-up child care service is provided through Caregivers on Call, which has a network of caregivers in all 50 states and services both major metropolitan areas and smaller communities. Due to its extensive network, parents or guardians may also use this service when traveling to meetings and conferences for work. To learn more and to register for the service, visit www.yale.edu/backupcare or call 432-8069.
The Department of Human Resources has several resources to help new and expecting parents or parents of young children balance work and family life.
- The New Parent Packet contains a gift for a new child and information on University resources and services for parents/guardians. E-mail email@example.com.
- Subsidized back-up child care is available through Caregivers On Call. Visit our website for more information or call 432-8069.
- The Yale Babysitting Service establishes a link between Yale faculty, staff and students to access babysitting services provided by Yale students.
- Child Care Resource and Referral - The WorkLife Program has an Online Child Care Directory. Request a printed copy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name and on-campus address.
- Child Care Coordinator - Schedule a telephone or in-person session with the Yale Child Care Coordinator by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 432-8069.
Eligible Yale University employees experiencing credit and budgeting challenges can enroll in services offered at no cost (although there is possibly a nominal service charge for credit card consolidation) through our Employee Assistance Program with The Wellness Corporation. These services include providing employees with information needed for: Consolidating debt and Developing a household budget. For more information call 800-232-6092 or visit The Wellness Corporation site at www.WellnessWorkLife.com.
You will need to register as a new user to access information on the site by clicking on “New Members Register Here” and following the provided instructions.