Yale WorkLife is sponsoring the following workshops during October. Registration is free. Further details are on our website.
- The College Financial Aid Process: Getting Started, October 3, Peabody Museum Auditorium, noon-1:00 p.m.
- Toastmasters International Seminar: Discover The Talent Within, October 10, Presidents Room at Woolsey Hall, noon-1:30 p.m.
- Mindfulness Meditation for Experienced Students, October 10 & 17, Peabody Museum Auditorium, noon-1:30
- Back-up Child Care Briefing, October 21, The Anlyan Center, Room N205, noon-12:45
- Conversations with Kids About Diversity, October 22, 320 York Street, Room 119, noon-1:15
July 1 marked the start of a new fiscal year at Yale and another year of the Yale Back-up Child Care program. Yale is providing eligible faculty, staff, post-docs and students up to 40 hours of subsidized back-up child care per fiscal year (July 1 - June 30). These services are intended to assist parents and guardians in arranging care for their children when their usual caregivers are not available. The back-up child care service is provided through Caregivers on Call, which has a network of caregivers in all 50 states and services both major metropolitan areas and smaller communities. Due to its extensive network, parents or guardians may also use this service when traveling to meetings and conferences for work. To learn more and to register for the service, visit www.yale.edu/backupcare or call 432-8069.
The Department of Human Resources has several resources to help new and expecting parents or parents of young children balance work and family life.
- The New Parent Packet contains a gift for a new child and information on University resources and services for parents/guardians. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subsidized back-up child care is available through Caregivers On Call. Visit our website for more information or call 432-8069.
- The Yale Babysitting Service establishes a link between Yale faculty, staff and students to access babysitting services provided by Yale students.
- Child Care Resource and Referral - The WorkLife Program has an Online Child Care Directory. Request a printed copy at email@example.com. Be sure to include your name and on-campus address.
- Child Care Coordinator - Schedule a telephone or in-person session with the Yale Child Care Coordinator by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 432-8069.