The Office of Grant and Contract Financial Administration has partnered with ITS to develop a new Subaward Maintenance System. This system ensures that direct costs for sponsored research-related subawards from Yale to other institutions and entities are tracked and burdened appropriately. Along with several other benefits, this will standardize the process of tracking subaward budgets and expenses University-wide.
It is strongly recommended that business offices begin planning how to address existing commitments by the end of April. Departments that use Purchase Orders for subaward-related costs will not need to take any action. Accounts Payable will be closing all subaward POs directly as part of the implementation of the system. Departments that use Custom Commitments or FMT projections will need to delete them.
The current target date for “Go-Live” is May 8, following the April fiscal period close. As such, the tentative timeline of related events is as follows:
- Late March - 2M Meetings discussing the enhancements of the Subaward System functionalities
- Late March - Departmental validation of converted subaward information (to be completed by early April)
- Early May - Immediately before Go Live: Closeout of all existing Subaward POs
- Early May - After April close: New system Go Live
N.B. A memo with fuller detail was sent by email to all affected business offices on March 18. If you have further questions, contact Marisa Zuskar, the Office of Business Transformation Project Manager, on 2-7798 or Andy Horner, Interim Director of GCFA, on 6-4940.
The University is updating employee records to accurately reflect current home addresses and work locations. Please complete the online questionnaire referenced below. Responses are requested by Wednesday, April 2, 2008. For most employees, this questionnaire should take approximately 2 minutes to complete.
1. Visit the University's HR Self Service Application to complete the questionnaire. NOTE: You can verify that you are on the HR Online site by ensuring that the address in the web browser reads " www.yale.edu/hronline"
2. Click on the Employee Self-Service icon in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
3. Under My Personal Info, click on the "Update" button.
4. Confirm or correct your address information.
This information is necessary for the University to comply with state requirements related to state tax withholding and reporting, state unemployment insurance compensation, etc. If you would like more information regarding this request, please refer to the frequently asked questions.