Campus Mail Tips: Forever Stamps
Have you heard about the Forever Stamp but wondered what it is? With postage rates rising on May 14th, here is the latest information from the US Postal Service on this handy stamp:
The Forever Stamp will be valid for mailing any future 1-ounce single piece First Class mail letter, no matter what the price may be at the time of mailing - without the addition of extra postage. This stamp will increase convenience for consumers by avoiding the "last minute rush" to purchase stamps when new prices are implemented in the future.
- The Forever Stamp will feature an image of the Liberty Bell (see sample)
- It will be available at the purchase price of $0.41 each in booklets of 20 at a price of $8.20 and in sheetlets of 18 at the price of $7.38
- The Forever Stamp or any nondenominated stamps (except those that bear unique markings, such as First-Class Presort, Nonprofit Org.) may be affixed to items that are sent to foreign countries
- The postage value of the Forever Stamp is always the domestic First-Class Mail single piece one-ounce letter rate that is in effect on the day of mailing. Since the international postage rates are always higher than the comparable domestic rates, additional postage must be affixed if such a stamp is used on international mail.
- The Forever Stamp will eliminate the need for customers to purchase make-up stamps for future First-Class Mail letter price changes.