Tips for Avoiding Invoice Holds
Top 3 reasons for invoice holds:
- Missing or invalid approval
- Missing or invalid charging
- Required information is not ledgible
How to avoid holds:
- Include a valid START approver on all transactions
- Include valid charging (PTAEO or VIP) on all transactions
- Be sure all information is printed ledgibly on all transactions.
Here are a few more helpful tips:
- Maintain valid and descriptive VIP numbers in your department.
- Use the PTAEO Validator to ensure the accuracy of PTAEO charging instructions before using them on an invoice.
- Verify that a vendor has been created before submitting an invoice.
- Obtain accurate pricing for purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
- Avoid “add-on’s” to orders. Start a new order.
NOTE: Before contacting Accounts Payable Services, verify status of transactions and vendors using Procurement Inquiry. Here’s how: http://learn.med.yale.edu/procurement/ip/courses.asp.