International Update
Terminations and Changes

International Scholar Terminations and Changes

The OISS must be notified when J-1 or H-1B scholars terminate their affiliation with the University.  The OISS must also be notified of any changes in a scholar’s initial appointment, i.e., promotions, changing labs, full time to part time, etc., before those changes become effective.  Government regulations require that J-and-H-visa documentation accurately reflects the scholar’s position.  

Please send an email to to report changes or departures of H1-B scholars; for J-1 scholars, please send an email to