International Update
Terminations and Changes

International Scholar Terminations and Changes

The OISS must be notified when J-1 or H-1B scholars terminate their affiliation with the University.  The OISS must also be notified of any changes in the scholar’s initial appointment (i.e. promotions, changing labs, full time to part time, etc.) before those changes become effective.  Government regulations require that J and H visa documentation accurately reflect the scholar’s position.