Human Resource Services
Flexible Spending Accounts

Enrolling in Flexible Spending Accounts for 2007

Employees who want to participate in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for 2007 need to enroll by accessing the Employee Self-Service website at no later than December 31, 2006.

This year an automatic-transfer-of-claims feature is available. This option should make reimbursements for most 2007 eligible medical and dental claims easier because of less paperwork on the employee’s part.

Upon selecting “Yes” to the automatic-transfer-of-claims feature, you are authorizing Yale’s medical and dental carriers to automatically submit to ADP co-pay, deductible and co-insurance information for eligible services (including prescription medicines) for you and other covered members of your family. Now, you will not need to submit claim forms for these types of expenses, and your reimbursements can be deposited directly into the same bank account to which your Yale paycheck is deposited.

Additional information concerning this option may be found at:

Full FSA plan details are available through the open enrollment site as well.

Enrollment in a 2007 Flexible Spending Account must be completed through Self-Service by December 31, 2006, in order to participate in 2007.  Employees who do not have internet access may submit paper enrollment forms to the Benefits Office by U.S. mail, postmarked no later than December 31, 2006.