New Prizes and Awards Automation Process
In preparation for 2006 Commencement Student Prizes, Awards and Fellowships, please note the following:
- Yale University Procurement has introduced a new streamlined process for submitting Check Requests for these payments to University students using a simplified spreadsheet approach that:
- Eliminates time-consuming collection of data by using student's UPI to pull existing Banner data for name, SSN, address, etc.
- Edits uploaded PTAEO and other data to ensure validity to cut down on errors
- Automatically creates the necessary vendor and invoice data to make payments to save you time
- Simplifies the process whether you have one Check Request or many to submit
To submit Check Requests via the new process and review detailed instructions, log in here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This process is for payments to students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents with U.S. addresses.
- All other student payments should be submitted on a standard Check Request form along with appropriate documentation to Accounts Payable. See special instructions for processing Check Requests for International Students.
- Recipients will receive an enclosure with their prize/award/fellowship explaining any tax withholding and contact information for any questions. As required, tax forms will be mailed the following year to the address captured by the associated Check Request.
- For all transactions that are submitted by the end of the business day on Thursday, May 18, 2006, checks will be ready for pick up by 5pm on Friday, May 19, 2006. Accounts Payable will contact business offices when checks are ready for pick up.
Contact: Tina Flegler at 2-5392 or Monsi Wooten at 2-3284 in Accounts Payable.