Preparations for Insurance Renewal
The Office of Risk Management is about to begin the renewal process for approximately thirty insurance policies carried by the University. If you have been asked for information in the past to assist in the renewal process, Risk Management will likely be calling you, and they may call even if they have not called in the past.
In preparation, you can help by asking yourself these questions:
- Do I own any equipment, item or artifact that is irreplaceable?
- Do my employees travel overseas?
- Is my department involved in events involving children, outside parties, prospective students, visitors, etc?
- Do students studying in my department pursue off campus activities (study abroad, internships, research, volunteer work, special projects, etc.) related to their academic course of study?
- Does my department have any property, equipment, operations or activities in off campus locations?
- Have I assumed any liability via the terms of a contract or agreement?
- Do I have any employees who charter aircraft or fly their own plane for Yale business?
- Do you hire employees to perform work out of state?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, please contact Marje Lemmon at 2-0140, or at email@example.com as soon as possible so Risk Management can ensure adequate coverage. Also, please feel free to contact Marje if you have questions about coverage or the types of insurance we carry.