Yale's Nighttime Shuttle Service is Safe and Reliable
The University’s shuttle (or “minibus”) continues to offer safe, free and convenient transportation to the Yale community seven days a week, year round. All members of the Yale community are also encouraged to use the minibus at night as a safe, reliable way to travel throughout the area.
Call 432-6330 for the minibus or 432-WALK for escort service; a uniformed Yale security officer will be dispatched to your location. Visit www.yale.edu/minibus for detailed routes and service areas.
Between 6:00 PM and 1:00 AM, service now includes (effective November 28):
- A new bus takes passengers to their door from the Sterling Library area. The bus makes
pick-ups every 15 minutes along Wall Street at Woodbridge Hall, Rose Walk and the Law School.
- There is a new "Blue Line" with regular service between the residential colleges and the Dwight/Edgewood/Park/Howe neighborhood.
*Note: This "Blue Line" route will run between 8:00 PM and 3:00 AM.
- There are now four buses traveling scheduled routes around campus followed by door-to-door service for those requesting it (just stay on the bus until the route ends); wait time between shuttles is now 10 minutes.
- There is regular service to and from Union Station.
- Two Special Services vans provide door-to-door service for those with special needs.
In addition to scheduled bus routes around campus, door-to-door service is available on request between 6:00 PM and 1:00 AM within a large zone. After 1:00 AM, all service is door-to-door. When you’re being dropped off at your door, the driver will wait to ensure you have made it safely to your entrance before leaving. All drivers have been made aware of the increased need for vigilance at night, and the administration is working closely with the Police and Security Departments to ensure a safe and comfortable experience for all passengers.
Early indications are that these improvements in the nighttime shuttle service are already making a difference in passenger satisfaction. Yale will continue to revise and improve service based on passenger feedback. You are encouraged to share any comments by e-mailing email@example.com.