What's A Qualifying Life Event?
List of approved qualifying life events in accordance with ERISA Section 125:
- Marriage, divorce or legal separation
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Death of a spouse or child
- Change in residence or work location that affects benefits eligibility for you or your covered dependent(s)
- Your child(ren) meets (or fails to meet) the plan’s eligibility rules (for example, student status changes)
- You or one of your covered dependents gain or lose other benefits coverage due to a change in employment status (for example, beginning or ending a job)
* Please view the Civil Union Policy for details.
Please note: Enrollment must be completed within 30 days of the effective date of the Qualifying Life Event. The above events only apply to adding or dropping dependents outside of the annual benefits enrollment period. Please visit My Benefits to process all Qualifying Life Events within 30 days of the qualifying event.