608 Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Program
Regular managerial and professional employees who are accepted in the Yale Graduate School of Arts and Sciences Master's Degree Programs or as non-degree students in the Division of Special Registration, may take courses each semester at reduced tuition.
Spouses of regular managerial and professional staff may be eligible for reduced tuition under specific conditions.
Xref: PPP 610
- i. A participant must be
- regular full-time employee
- regular part-time employee who is scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week and who has completed six months of service immediately prior to the start of the course.
- An employee's qualifications for the Program are evaluated by the appropriate academic department and the Associate Dean of the Graduate School.
- A candidate must complete the application process for admission to the Program including payment of an application fee. However, non-degree students are admitted on one-year basis and must reapply for admission each year.
- Additional information and forms for enrollment may be obtained from the Yale Graduate School Admissions Office.
The staff member, once admitted to the Master's Degree Program or the Division of Special Registration, may apply for reduced tuition at the Registrar's Office, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. When the application is approved, the staff member will pay one-half of the currently established tuition per course. The amount of tuition reduction provided the part-time staff member will be prorated equal to the staff member's regular work hours divided by 37.5.
Full-time Yale employees should pay in full at registration or may elect payroll deduction plan in order to meet the tuition charge. Under the payroll deduction plan one-quarter of the tuition must be paid at the time of registration and the remainder will be deducted from the paycheck over the following three months. Application for payroll deductions may be obtained and completed at the Yale University Bursar's Office.