605 Non-Degree Students Program
(new policy effective June 23, 2010)
Regular employees who are accepted in Yale College’s Non-Degree Students Programs may take courses each semester at a reduced tuition. Non-degree credits earned in this program may be transferred to a degree-program at another university or college or applied toward a Yale College Bachelor of Arts or Science degree, if the employee is accepted into an undergraduate degree program at Yale. For more information regarding the Non-Degree Students Program please click here.
Spouses of regular employees may be eligible for reduced tuition under specific conditions. See Section 610.
Xref: PPP 610
605.1 Eligibility for Yale College's Non-Degree Students Program
- A participant must be
- a regular full-time employee OR
- a regular part-time employee who is scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week and who has completed six months of service immediately prior to the start of the course.
- Employees are expected to meet full work requirements of their regular jobs while participating in the Program. Therefore, decisions and approvals regarding the granting or denial of release time and/or adjusted work schedules remain with the employees' supervisors.
- Applicants will be admitted to courses in compliance with prevailing policies of the Program.
605.2 Application for Non-Degree Students Program
- An employee's qualifications for the Program are evaluated by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- A candidate must complete the application process for admission to the Program including payment of an application fee.
- Additional information and forms for enrollment may be obtained from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
605.3 Reduced Fees for Employees in the Non-Degree Students Program
The staff member, once admitted into the Non-Degree Students Program, may apply for reduced tuition at the Benefits Office. When the application is approved, the staff member will pay one-half of the currently established tuition per course. The amount of tuition reduction provided the part-time staff member will be prorated equal to the staff member's regular work hours divided by 37.5.
Information regarding application procedures for reduced tuition may be obtained from the Benefits Section of the Department of Human Resources.
Xref: OPM 419