Following are instructions on how to prepare a Purchase Requisition.
All Fields listed are REQUIRED fields. If these fields are
not filled out the form will be returned to your mailbox for
completion. The problem area will be highlighted. See attached
sample form. An electronic version of the form is available
You can download the excel version. It is a fillable form.
We strongly recommend that you enter and save the routine
data. (PDF forms are available but are not typeable.) If you
hand write the information please write legibly.
- DATE: Fill in the date using the standard
Yale Format: DD-MON-YYYY. A two digit day, a three letter
month and a four digit year. (Example: May 2nd, 2003 is
written – 02-MAY-2003). The date on the order should
be the day you bring it to the office.
- R#: This is a Transaction Control Number
(TCN), a unique identifier which allows us to track each
purchase requisition. To obtain a TCN go to https://www-iisp1.its.yale.edu/tcn/
At this location you will see two columns of form types
– select the radio button next to Purchase Requisition
- select submit. Put the generated # onto the form. REMEMBER:
Use the number only once.
- REQUISITIONER NAME:
Always put your name AND your PI’s name. As so many
individuals here are “transient” if the PI name
is on the order the receiving station will always know where
to send it.
- DEPT. NAME: Should always be EEB
- SEND PO COPY TO:/DEPT: 165 Prospect St.
OML 227. All PO copies should come to the business office,
not directly to you.
- BLDG NAME: OML or ESC depending on your
- ROOM NO.: The room you want the package
- DELIVERY LOCATION: - For ALL standard
deliveries use 266 Whitney Ave. – this is the only
receiving station on Science Hill. If you have arranged
for “in lab” delivery by the vendor, use the
following addresses: OML – 165 Prospect St.; ESC –
21 Sachem St. If you have any concerns about on-site delivery
please ask for assistance in the business office.
- SUGGESTED VENDOR: Provide complete vendor
name (Ex: Macalaster Bicknell not MBCO) and contact information.
At minimum a phone number is required.
- DATE REQUIRED: do not use ASAP or RUSH.
The item will be ordered using the least expensive form
of delivery to meet the indicated need by date. Please understand
that overnight and rush deliveries often have a hefty charge
for special handling.
- VIP: This is your 7 digit number associated
with your PTAEO. You will find both VIP and PTAEO numbers
on your stockroom card.
- PTAEO: This stands for Project, Task,
Award, Expenditure Type, Organization. As you see the number
written the values are separated by a period (example –
7855631.1.D00359.820100.648002). Each segment gets its own
line on the form – PLEASE leave the Expenditure type
- VENDOR CATALOG #/DESCRIPTION OF ITEM OR SERVICE:
Here you will provide a catalog number, a brief catalog
description, the quantity, the unit/size, and a price (if
available). We use the description provided as a control
to verify the catalog number when ordering to ensure we
are obtaining the appropriate items.
- REQUISITIONER NAME/SIGNATURE/PHONE/DATE:
You must sign the form. It is a University requirement.