In addition to Yale Graduate School's required examinations (i.e. GRE, and TOEFL if applicable), Urban Education Studies requires the following exams:
- The Praxis I is administered by ETS as a computer-based test
- A waiver for this exam, based on SAT, ACT, or GRE scores, is preferred. You do not need to apply for the waiver, only notify us in your application that you qualify. Criteria for a waiver: Praxis I_waiver_criteria.pdf
- If you do not qualify for a waiver, you must pass all sections of the exam.
- Required of all applicants in their subject area (see below).
- If there are two exams in your subject, both are required.
- Administered by ETS as a paper-based test only offered once every two months
- Only tests taken on the November test date or earlier will reach us in time to be considered with your application
- If you have missed the mid-October registration deadline for the November test, register for the next available test
- Test preparation materials available from ETS.
- Dates of tests by state and test fees.
- In the subjects of English and Math, an excellent score will result in waiving course prerequisites.
|Content Area||Test Code||Test Name||Passing Score|
|Biology||0235||Biology: Content Knowledge||152|
||Chemistry: Content Knowledge||151
||Chemistry: Content Essay||140|
||English Language, Literature, & Composition: Content Knowledge||172|
|0042||English Language, Literature, & Composition: Essays||160
||General Science: Content Knowledge
||General Science: Content Essays||145|
|History/Social Studies||0081||Social Studies: Content Knowledge||162|
|Mathematics||0061||Mathematics: Content Knowledge (graphing calculator required)||137|
||Physics: Content Knowledge||141|
|0262||Physics: Content Essays||135|