Admissions deadline is December 15. The program begins in early June.
Submit a completed online application by December 15:
- Three letters of recommendation:
- one letter that explicitly addresses your subject knowledge in the area you wish to teach
- two letters that speak to why you would make an effective urban teacher
- Test scores:
- GRE General Test scores, reported to Yale at 3987, and entered into the Standardized Tests page
- Praxis II (subject area test) scores, reported to Yale at 3987, and entered into the Standardized Tests page
- Praxis I waiver eligibility entered into the Standardized Tests page, or Praxis I test scores reported to Yale at 3987
- If you are not a native English speaker, TOEFL or IELTS scores
- Three uploaded documents (prompts are found within the online application):
- Personal Statement
- Urban Teaching Essay
- Uploaded transcripts from every university attended
- Application fee. Participants in the Institute for the Recruitment of Teachers and recipients of the Woodrow Wilson-Rockefeller Brothers Fund Fellowship automatically qualify for fee waivers. For additional information on fee waivers, please see the fee waiver instructions on the Graduate School website.
Send the following directly to the Urban Education Studies department at firstname.lastname@example.org, (203) 432-5449 (FAX), or P.O. Box 208362, New Haven, CT 06520-8362:
- Completed coursework prerequisites worksheet
- Confirmation of Praxis I and II test scores
- Indication of Praxis I waiver qualifications if applicable (appropriate scores on SAT, ACT, or GRE)
Note: Do not send letters of recommendation or transcripts to this address. Follow the instructions within the online application and include them there.