LITERATURE & THE WAR
- Paul Fussell, The Great War and Modern Memory (1975).
- Patrick J. Quinn and Steven Trout, editors, Literature of the Great War Reconsidered: Beyond Modern Memory (2001)
- Vincent Sherry, The Great War and the Language of Modernism (2003).
- Vincent Sherry, editor, The Cambridge Companion to the Literature of the First World War (2005).
- Catherine W. Reilly, English Poetry of the First World War: A Bibliography (1978).
- For a good list of recent secondary materials on military history, political history, cultural and social history, and literary history, see The Cambridge Companion to the Literature of the First World War (2005), pp. 302-309.
- Autobiography and the war
- Hysteria and war literature
- Liberalism and war literature
- Myth and war literature
- Poetry and the war
- Propaganda and war literature
- Publishing during and after the war
- Doomed Youth: The Poetry and Pity of the First World War: An Exhibition Organized by Elisabeth Fairman. Manuscripts and Archives, Ylp95 999d.
- Papers related to Gabriele D'Annunzio and the seizure of Fiume, Beinecke Library, GEN MSS 546.
- William S. Reese Collection of Robert Graves, Beinecke Library, Uncat MSS 381, Uncat MSS 584.
- Photographs of Siegfried Sassoon, his family, and his associates, Beinecke Library, GEN MSS 523.
- Charles Handley-Read Collection of Wyndham Lewis, Beinecke Library, MS Vault Lewis, W.
- Marinetti Papers, Beinecke Library, GEN MSS 130
- Vorticism and its allies: Arts Council of Great Britain (catalogue, 1974). British Art Center. NX 543 C67.
- World War I Collection, 1914-1983. MS 754.
Kermesse, a painting by Wyndham Lewis. Yale Center for British Art.
- World War, 1914-1918 - Censorship
- World War, 1914-1918 - Correspondence
- World War, 1914-1918 - Drama
- World War, 1914-1918 - Fiction
- World War, 1914-1918 - Juvenile Literature
- World War, 1914-1918 - Literature and the War
- World War, 1914-1918 - Literature and the War - Bibliography
- World War, 1914-1918 - Literature and the War - Congresses
- World War, 1914-1918 - Literature and the War - Literary Collections
- World War, 1914-1918 - Periodicals
- World War, 1914-1918 - Personal Narratives
- World War, 1914-1918 - Poetry
- World War, 1914-1918 - Theater and the War
- World War, 1914-1918 - Women - Fiction
- Spartacus International First World War Index
This site offers biographies of war poets and journalists; links to more extensive secondary sources; histories of the numerous newspapers that covered the war and descriptions of their general coverage; histories of censorship in the different wartime countries; and an impressive list of links that cover all different aspects of the war.
- First World War Poetry Digital Archive
Primary sources and educational material, such as http://www.oucs.ox.ac.uk/ww1lit/education/tutorials/intro, an introduction to World War I poetry.
- Yale Modernism Lab
This site, designed by Professor Pericles Lewis and graduate students within the English Department at Yale, offers a database with key events, diary entries, and letters of important modernist writers. It also features a wiki with interpretative essays on modernist novels, essays, and poems, featured research from scholars within the field, and images of important paintings modernist paintings from the period. The database and wikis are searchable by keyword, with War being one such tag.